Do you obsess about JWs?

by Half banana 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Half banana
    Half banana

Do we obsess about the JW org? I admit I do. The reason is that two of my offspring are still held hostages by the beliefs of the cult.

What though, if and when the good ship Watchtower sinks below the waves and the passengers and crew escape (I trust the captains will honourably go down with the ship) that still leaves about forty thousand other cults deluding their true believers.

Do we have a responsibility to expose all cultic religious behaviour or is it just JWs?
  • Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    I definitely obsess about the borg.  I think about it every hour of every day. 
  • Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I think about the Witnesses quite a lot but I don't think I would say I obsess about JW's. I have some friends and relatives who are witnesses,

I didn't post here on this site feeling I have some responsibility to expose anything about the Witnesses or anyone else, it was just my opinions based on my knowledge and experiences in commenting on questions asked. 

Since I have been posting here I think my feelings and views toward the witnesses have mellowed 

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I like to come on here to keep up to speed with what they are up to, so that when I speak with JW's, especially my JW family, they are not able to blather on about something "new",

I come back with an answer that shows I know more than they do about it, and it cuts them short, we are then back to talking about the real world.

I also find that because of the very clever Posters on here, I am honing my skills at questioning JW's, I am much more able than I used to be at getting under their skin and making them think.

Thanks all, it makes talking to them fun, and one day may help them to get out.

• gda
    gda
    I have 2 older siblings deeply embedded. I think of them always
  • notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    Wife is still in so I like to keep an eye on what is going on but obsessed?  Not really, just being sensible...
  • cleanideas
    cleanideas
    I went a good 15 years not thinking about them, but this past year I researched all the crazy they are up to and now I'm so fascinated by their insanity.  Honesty when a corporation destroys your life or that of your family I can see how someone would be interested in what they are doing.  Imagine if McDonald's somehow got your family to shun you for eating at Burger King?  It's really that absurd and yeah you'd probably want to know what the hell McDonald's was up to!  LOL!    
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette
    I concur with Phizzy!
  • StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku

cleanlines, your comments resonate with me.  I was out for about 25 years.  All of my immediate family is still in the "Organization" so I am alone.  Through all of those years I never did any research on what they were currently teaching or went to any ex-JW sites.  It wasn't until this year until I did so.  In those 25 years I woke up with a dark cloud over my head about my family and what I had lost. 

One of the things my family was able to do for 25 years was continuing to making me feel bad and inferior.  And, I believed that I deserved the shunning, etc.  However, in the past year sites like this have given me the tools to understand that the "Organization" is just a business and nothing more.  And, that my family and the "Organization" has no moral superiority over me.  At the very least, I feel much better because, unlike them, I do not harbor criminals.  That's very liberating.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit