Question for Silent Lambs

by cnn77 9 Replies latest jw friends

• cnn77
    cnn77

SL (Bill),

As someone with one toe still dangling in the truth I have a question for you...

If you had not gone through the pedophile experience and started your crusade....how would you have felt with regard to boards such as this one? Obviously most other JW's believe this place is overrun by disgruntled apostates and would want nothing to do with anyone here.

I am just intrigued to know what you would have felt about this place prior to your experience (also about Freeminds and Ray Franz). What is your opinion with regard to the "apostates" on this board now? You seem like a sincere person with a kind heart sir. I am someone struggling to find out what I do and don't believe and I would really value your input. To be completely honest - FROM WHAT I HAVE PERCEIVED - some on here do fit the description of "disgruntled apostate" quite nicely and give credibility to the JW clainms but on the other hand some other seem completely caring loving individuals who have better qualities than most anyone I have ever associated with in the organization.

Secondly, is the pedophilia issue the only one you still have with the organization? If it is sorted out will you go back? Or do you now find yourself fitting in with the "apostates" and regard yourself as one of them?

Thirdly, now that you have been "exposed" to the teachings of others who have left the organization how do you fit in with issues such as the 607 doctrinal issue etc?

While I am tending to find some affinity here I just remain completely at a loss for where I should turn.

If you prefer to email me your response I would gladly look forward to corresponding with you sir. But I am posting this here for the benefit of all and welcome responses by all sincere hearted people on the board.

Thanks

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

i have often been asked if there is any other agenda and being a witness all my life i can certainly understand the paranoia associated with trying to get anything done. i simply choose to remain neutral on these matters. there is no "other" agenda.

i told the brothers from the very start, by any means necessary i will cause wt to change their wicked policy of hurting children. that has not changed from the start. many people have many differant beliefs and one thing i have learned is to not feel superior or judge anyone. nor do i feel i have the right to try and change a person when they are happy in their belief.

the focus remains the same as the day this started:

change policy-protect children.

leave the doctrinal stuff to those who wish to discuss it, i do not have time or the energy to go into these other areas.

i will say this i have met many fine people who are very loving and care very much about this issue, they have become good friends. i would never turn a victim or anyone else who wanted to help with this issue away. i think we are really helping people, more so than at any time in my life. i feel more secure and happier than i have ever been before, the freedom to simply tell the truth is just wonderful.

i encourage you to find what makes you truly happy and at peace with Jehovah, only you can make those decisions.

• cnn77
    cnn77

SL - thanks and good luck with your efforts - I admire your courage.

One final ? though - have you considered that you might be taken lightly by the JWs because you are perceived as currently associating with apostates and als the fact that apostates are perceived as your
    your most ardent supporters?

May you have peace!!

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

i guess it is all in how you define an apostate...

i have yet to meet one.

• ladonna
    ladonna

Hi CNN,

I too went through a phase of not wanting to get into a mode of "let's get the JW's"
    In all honesty I do not want to "get" them to this day, despit what I suffered at their hands.

There are a lot still "in" that I love dearly. But that does not mean I condone child abuse; not with JW's or with any organization of people.

As SL has said, it depends also of 'your'definition of the word 'apostate'.
    My definition is simply..."to leave behind".......this comes from the Greek word Apostasis.

It is not a word that means 'against JW's'. I do not feel that they, or anyone for that matter, should flatter themselves to the extent of taking one word in a language and using it as specific to themselves.

Just my 10 cents worth,
    Ana

Some Birds Were Not Meant To Be Caged

• gumby
    gumby

Nice to hear your sincere question to MR.Bowen.Jehovah's witnesses define an apostate as someone who leaves their organization because of lack of belief that it is God's chosen channel or organization.Regardless of how good these ones who leave are, or how much they still love God and his word, they are still called apostates by the organization.That is not fair nor true.
    No organization that claims to speak for God or claims that it is God's true channel, should ever shy away from members who have honest sincere questions concerning their beliefs. When witnesses go to a door and a householder questions them on their beliefs, they will spend hours trying to answer them and return again at another time if they cannot answer them at that time.
    If a baptized witness who has been loyal for many years has many questions and begins to inquire for answers he has to do it secretly because if the elders were to find out he is questioning they will question him weather or not he believes this is God's organization or not. Does this make sense? They should be more than happy to answer any and all sincere questions. Ask them about the 607 date and where they get this date from when all writings on this subject point to a different date and see how they respond. We are here for your support and appreciate your concern with your questions.

• gumby
    gumby

Nice to hear your sincere question to MR.Bowen.Jehovah's witnesses define an apostate as someone who leaves their organization because of lack of belief that it is God's chosen channel or organization.Regardless of how good these ones who leave are, or how much they still love God and his word, they are still called apostates by the organization.That is not fair nor true.
    No organization that claims to speak for God or claims that it is God's true channel, should ever shy away from members who have honest sincere questions concerning their beliefs. When witnesses go to a door and a householder questions them on their beliefs, they will spend hours trying to answer them and return again at another time if they cannot answer them at that time.
    If a baptized witness who has been loyal for many years has many questions and begins to inquire for answers he has to do it secretly because if the elders were to find out he is questioning they will question him weather or not he believes this is God's organization or not. Does this make sense? They should be more than happy to answer any and all sincere questions. Ask them about the 607 date and where they get this date from when all writings on this subject point to a different date and see how they respond. We are here for your support and appreciate your concern with your questions.

• gumby
    gumby

• gumby
    gumby

Sorry for the duplications folks! I goofed

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Cnn77,

you have a good question and I do believe,
    that already SilentLamb, and other have given you thought
    ptovoking points.

I wish to associate myself to Gumby logical and truthful
    comment:

*Regardless of how good these ones who leave are, or how much they still love God and his word, they are still called apostates by the organization.That is not fair nor true.

*No organization that claims to speak for God or claims that it is God's true channel, should ever shy away from members who have honest sincere questions concerning their beliefs.

*When witnesses go to a door and a householder questions them on their beliefs, they will spend hours trying to answer them and return again at another time if they cannot answer them at that time.

*If a baptized witness who has been loyal for many years has many questions and begins to inquire for answers he has to do it secretly because if the elders were to find out he is questioning they will question him weather or not he believes this is God's organization or not. Does this make sense? "

As for the last point, from personal experience, if you DARE
    to do that...the minimum that can happen is that you're put
    in "...spiritual quarantine.." as someone with an INFECTIOUS
    disease! You can imagine the ...rest!

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit