Worldly People

by Undecided 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

I was sitting in my car in a parking lot and an old woman came out with a shopping cart with a few items in it. She was putting them in the back of a pickup truck and it was a little high for her to lift things over the side. She had a bag of dogfood or something like it and a young woman saw that it would be hard for her to lift it and she ran over and lifted it over for her and pattied her on the back and walked over to her car and left. How many JWs would have done that?

I find that worldly people treat others just as good or better than JWs do. How many have noticed this? Of course there are the criminals who are evil and a lot of them exist but the ordinary worldly people have good hearts.

Ken P.

• Charisma
    Charisma

Well I remember them telling us as witnesses we should do those things, but then they always wanted you to somehow make sure they understood because you were a Jehovahs Witness, that was why you were extending a hand. You were always supposed to some how "give a witness"

• pisces
    pisces

Yes, I agree that on the average "worldly" people are just as kind, if not kinder, than Witnesses. My children are four years old and seven months old, so when I run errands my hands are usually full. I get a lot of assistance from "worldly" strangers if I look overwhelmed. How do I know they are "worldly"? They don't start talking about Jehovah as soon as they are done helping me.

I'll take it a step further. My experience is that the Witnesses have a higher proportion than the general public of the following: [1] criminal convictions; [2] dishonesty; and [3] lack of empathy for others.

• garybuss
    garybuss

In 1994 we were motorcycling up the Oregon coast and we met an ambulance with lights flashing. It occurred to me that if I had an accident up here 1,600 miles from home somebody would come to help me on the hurry up with lights flashing and I wouldn't know them.

I looked at the mountains and the ocean and I realized the earth is a paradise now and the people are good. All I needed to do was accept it. What I was seeing was in strong disagreement with the doom and gloom I had been taught by the Jehovah's Witnesses in their windowless buildings. Everything I've been seeing since has been in strong disagreement with the doom and gloom I had been taught by the Jehovah's Witnesses in their windowless buildings.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Yes Gary, I agree....

There is so much good and so much beauty around us RIGHT NOW. The Dub's want to tell you how awful everything is. How unenjoyable life is. Live for tomorrow. Don't live for today. How UNGODLY of them.

• Honesty
    Honesty

A lot of non-JW's are more Christlike than the best of the best of JW's.

• vitty
    vitty

There are kind witness but on the whole, if a good deed is done its because they have to SHOW they are for 2 reasons

1. If the person they are helping knows they are a JW, they must give a "good witness"

2If the person is a stranger they have to let them them know they are a JW so it give them "a good witness"

It has nothing to do with helping or loving your neighbour, although when our a Dub you dont understand the difference.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

I honestly believe that the JWs I know are more worldly than most of my family and friends. JWs describe as worldly those who try to put into practice what Jesus Christ taught.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit