Do you feel, "Love with strings, Is Not Love?

by xjwms 5 Replies latest jw friends

• xjwms
    xjwms

I have just started listening to a CD From the Robbins group, ... It is an interview with Leo Buscaglia.

He made this statement, "that Love with strings is not love." It really drove home a reminder of my association with JW's. If you don't do what we tell you we will not love you.

Then he said, ... humans blame love. Example, ... Love is not this, and love is not that. The point he is making is not to focus on what love is not, but, how to show sincere affection, and fill the human need of love.

What do you think?

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I totally agree with this. If the 'love' you show is conditional, it ain't love.

Having said that though the way to keep love strong is to show it in return. It's common sense.

GBL

• JH
    JH

What's love, I never experienced that...

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

xjwms:

What they have is not real love but conditional love. This is a love based on performance. Now in real life there are unspoken conditions with our dealings with other people in general in that we refrain from doing things that will hurt them, etc.

But the "love" they have is based on you jumping through hoops. And if you fall out of step with their dance routine they will fall out of love with you.

Can you just feel the love??

• xjwms
    xjwms

Getbusyliving: It is common sense ... Why was I so duped, damn

JH: I'll bet you are a lover, ( in an affectionate way )

longhairgirl: You're right ... I felt that kind of love for way too long.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

JWs offer unconditional love on condition you agree with everything they say.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit