GA mags

by golden age 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• golden age
    golden age

Does anyone know if anyone is working on a cd rom for the latter years of the golden age. I know raines has a cd from 1919-1924, but i dont know about any other. If not, would any one be interested in establishing a golden age scan trade. As many people have individual issues but almost no one has a complete set. A trade of scan for scan might be a way to accomplish this.

• Quotes
    Quotes

I have heard that Research Applications is working on this, but I don't know if this is just a rumour.

I agree that some sort of organized scan effort would be a great idea. I would even support the effort as necessary at my Quotes web site.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I believe I was informed at a conference that the guys at RAI were working on Golden Age CD's, but I can't remember for sure. Nothing on their website indicates so. I hope they are, because I'd dearly love to have them.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Golden Age scans would be a huge thorn in the WTS side. Imagine when you loved one begins to study with them you spend some $ on this cd which shows gravity is wrong, immunizations are usless, aluminum is from the devil and so on. Yes, the WT scans are good but sometimes it takes too much scriptural knowledge or research for an interested one to realize how screwed up they are. With the Golden Age you can show their crazy right away.

• golden age
    golden age

I think everyone is right. we definitly need to try to put together a set. If quotes is willing to set it up on his web site. we all could email in scans of the issues we have and then we would all be able to benefit from a complete set.

• Quotes
    Quotes

Good news (but don't pop the champagne just yet)!

I am in the process of adding an entirely new dimension to the Watchtower.ca web site (or should I say, family of sites in multiple languages). Using "WikiWiki" technology, it will be almost trivial for us to collaborate on this (or any other) subject.

I'll announce more soon, but anyone reading this may be prompted to start scanning and OCRing Golden Age magazines, in preparation.

~Quotes, of the "Delightful Announcement, let the golf clap begin" class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit