2005 District Conventions

by codeblue 5 Replies latest jw friends

• codeblue
    codeblue

hmmmm...they must be real close.

Anyone have a schedule they would like to share.

"faders need to know"...

Codeblue

• codeblue
    codeblue

bttt

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Last year they published their convention schedule on their website (watchtower.org). This year I can't seem to find it.

Last year I used the online schedule to attend and record the talks for publishing on the internet. When I arrived I went up to the elders in the "back room" and asked them where I could setup my recording device so as to get a good quality recording. The elders responded saying that the convention is really not meant for the public and contains information that the public could not grasp without a proper personal bible study. That is the point where I showed them a printout of the convention schedule that I had. At the top in bold letters it said that the general public is invited. Oddly, at that point the elders both stumbled over each other eager to notify me that information on the internet about Jehover's Witnesses is normally not accurate... so I reminded them that the web page was their own web page. (They didn't have much to say to that)

After getting the 3rd degree from them I was finally able to get them to show me a speaker that was on the floor that I could place my microphone next to.

I wonder if they decided that the public is no longer invited?

I have to admit, sometimes I wonder if my actions that day are what prompted the WTS to stop publishing their schedule and inviting the general public to attend.

• codeblue
    codeblue

bttt

• Es
    Es

LOL elsewhere what a great story heheheh es

• 4JWY
    4JWY

I looked up the website of the venue where the convention is generally held and the schedule lists the date that JW's will be there. Worked for me anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit