FAMOUS JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

by Outaservice 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

BACK IN THE 50'S THERE WAS A WORLD WELTERWEIGHT FIGHTER FROM CUBA NAMED 'KID GAVILIN' THAT BECAME ONE OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES. THE SOCIETY WANTED TO GET A LITTLE MILEAGE OUT OF HIS FAME AND HAVE HIM WRITE HIS LIFE STORY FOR THE 'AWAKE' MAGAZINE, BUT HE WAS TOO 'PUNCH DRUNK' TO DO SO.

THERE IS A WEB SITE ALL ABOUT FAMOUS JW'S @ www.adherents.com/largecom/fam_jw.html WHERE YOU CAN CHECK OUT MANY MORE.

OUTASERVICE (TOO FAMOUS TO MENTION)

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yeah, I love that list. They are careful to list the sources for their information, too, which lends a bit of credibility. I could not understand the Prince connection until I read here that he was raised Seventh Day Adventist. Then the weirdness all started to make sense.

• garybuss
    garybuss

They forgot Eve Arden less I missed her name there.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hey, Gary, if they missed her, why don't you contribute to the list?

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Hi Outaservice,

Dwight Eisenhower was raised a Bible Student, and left before Rutheford renamed them "Jehovah's Witnesses" in 1931. Also, there was a football player on the Oakland Raiders who left in the 1970s to become a JW. I think his last name was Sweeney. - Jim W.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I think that was an urban legend. I saw her on a talk show many years ago, and she was talking about Christmas and birthdays, etc. Then I knew it was just a rumor.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

patti smith...and the wayan brothers surely some mistake

there was a singer called colonel abrams...who had a big hit with a song called (i think) the truth

and a footballer (soccer) in uk called peter knowles

• garybuss
    garybuss
    I think that was an urban legend. I saw her on a talk show many years ago, and she was talking about Christmas and birthdays, etc. Then I knew it was just a rumor.

Another one of my delusions bite the dust.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Football player named Sam Silas

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.freeminds.org/african/damon.htm

Damon Wayans

interview quote from "Taming Wayans" by Kevin Koffler, photographed by Greg Henry:

DAMON WAYANS: My father is a Jehovah's Witness, and he raised us under a very strict hand. He believed that if he did not spare the rod, he would raise functional, obedient children. He failed to realize that he didn't need to beat [us] all of the time; he needed to talk to us, to try to understand us. I think that he learned [to do that] towards the end of his career as a father. [When I was young], he didn't know there was any different way of being. He's two generations away from being a slave; [when he was growing up] he got beat, so he passed it on. The good thing is I don't [beat] my children, and none of my brothers and sisters do to theirs. We've broken the chain.

http://www.freeminds.org/african/famousjws.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit