What are the various requirements for all the KH posts?

by Check_Your_Premises 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

For elder, ministerial servant, congregation overseer, etc....

What are the requirements.

How many hours in service? How much "time in grade"? How much "time in service"?

Help us non-jws (who have no choice!) to better understand the jw world.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

There's a lot more to it than just putting in the time. I did it for 20 years, and I pioneered for over 2 years and aux. pioneered many times. I had all kinds of jobs in the hall too, but I never made it to ministerial servant. I think it was because I didn't play the politics well, and I'm not very good at kissing elders asses.

Walter

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

So who are the ministerial servants? I thought all the guys with jobs were ms'? The guys who didn't have jobs and weren't talking were either elders or slackers.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

The guys who are doing the jobs are either MS or "reaching out" for the "privilege". They're doing the jobs because they're "being tested as to fitness first".

I must have been very unfit.

Walter

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

these are the biblical qualifications...no mention is made of time spent in preaching because that is the first thing looked at before these biblical ones...if a bro is not doing the national average then he is considered to be either weak or having circumstances that would not allow him to take the lead anyway

If any man is reaching out for an office of overseer, he is desirous of a fine work. 2

The overseer should therefore be irreprehensible, a husband of one wife, moderate in habits, sound in mind, orderly, hospitable, qualified to teach, 3 not a drunken brawler, not a smiter, but reasonable, not belligerent, not a lover of money, 4 a man presiding over his own household in a fine manner, having children in subjection with all seriousness; 5 (if indeed any man does not know how to preside over his own household, how will he take care of God?s congregation?) 6 not a newly converted man, for fear that he might get puffed up [with pride] and fall into the judgment passed upon the Devil. 7 Moreover, he should also have a fine testimony from people on the outside, in order that he might not fall into reproach and a snare of the Devil.

Ministerial servants should likewise be serious, not double-tongued, not giving themselves to a lot of wine, not greedy of dishonest gain, 9 holding the sacred secret of the faith with a clean conscience.

Also, let these be tested as to fitness first, then let them serve as ministers, as they are free from accusation.

Women should likewise be serious, not slanderous, moderate in habits, faithful in all things.

Let ministerial servants be husbands of one wife, presiding in a fine manner over children and their own households. 13 For the men who minister in a fine manner are acquiring for themselves a fine standing and great freeness of speech in the faith in connection with Christ Jesus.
  • Euphemism
    Euphemism

Basic requirements for MS are: 10 hours of field service a month, at least 18 years of age (rarely younger, usually older), male, attending all the meetings, member of the Theocratic Ministry School, regular commenter, exemplary in conduct (i.e. following all the unwritten rules), not having been judicially reproved within the last three(?) years. Other 'soft' requirements--personality, teaching skills, kiss-up abilities--vary from congregation to congregation. Some congregations don't require the 10 hours, but those are rare.

For Elder: must have some experience (generally at least 2 years) as an MS, giving 'teaching parts' (talks, etc.), at least 25 years of age (rarely younger, usually older), not having been reproved in the last 5 years.

• Mutz
    Mutz

Of course kissing up to the PO, CO and DO is always useful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit