Off to the Holy land

by stevenyc 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Well, I'm off to Jerusalem in a few hours and wanted to know if anyone would like some pictures of anything in particular. You know, a certain temple or the old wall or two, or anything you may be doing some research on.
    I'm also going to be in Jordan for a few days while I'm out there as well.
    If so, add it to this post and I'll see what I can do.

steve

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Be careful Steve

Dismembered

"Don't you go dyin' on me now"

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Thanks Dismembered.

It's bark is much worse than its bite, trust me.

steve

• acsot
    acsot

Have you been before? Years ago I went on a dub organized tour of Israel and Egypt, there were about 200 in the group. It was absolutely fascinating, Israel even more so than Egypt, to my great surprise.

Make sure you walk through Hezekiah's tunnel, for me that was one of the highlights of the trip. And floating on the Dead Sea.

I would love to go to Jordan one day and see Petra - please take pics!

• Carmel
    Carmel

Hey are you going to make it to Haifa up north? If you get a chance, you don't want to miss the 8th Wonder of the World!

carmel of the "Mt Carmel" gang

• z
    z

Bahai temple in Haifa must see all over this land great to see. and its safe

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

Z, your pic doesn't show. Are you talking about the big hillside with the gardens all the way up? I think the temple was about 1/2 way up the big hill. I was there in 2000. I lost about 5 rolls of film from that deployment. I had a bunch of once in a lifetime shots on those rolls.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

-Bahai temple in Haifa must see all over this land great to see. and its safe-

Thats where we're off to tomorrow.

Yesterday I saw armagedon, well magiddo(sp?) anyway. It's funny, I thought of my mother,(Freud turning in his grave) got a nice pic and I'm going to send it to her.

The old city is an incredible place, one huge laberynth. Started talking with this arabic guy who decided to show me around. Saw the Jesus death path, from accusation to flogging, the cross march and the resurection point.

The mosques are quite a thing to see up close, and very deliberate and mathimatical in construction.

I'll start posting some pic's soon.

If there are any sites of interest, let me know, and I'll send you some pic's if you want.

steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit