Relaxing music?

by Introspection 9 Replies latest social entertainment

• Introspection
    Introspection

What are some music that you can really relax to? A few things from the top 10 thread may apply, but I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread on just mellow stuff you can kick back to. One I failed to mention and falls into this category is by Liquid Mind, Slow World which is specifically designed to relieve stress..

"Knowing others is wisdom. Knowing the self is insight. Mastering others requires force. Mastering the self requires true strength." -Tao Te Ching, Chapter 33

• Prisca
    Prisca

I like listening to enya to relax by. It's very soothing and often instramental, and her voice is smooth and soft. I was introduced to her by someone that used to give me massages, and so I now associate relaxing with her music.

Try it!

• logical
    logical

Try some Dutch gabber. Speedcore is pretty relaxing too.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I thought I was the only one who had ever heard of Liquid Mind. I love the "Balance" cd. Nice background music when you're working or crashing on the couch. I like Richard Bone's "Etherdome." Very dreamy keyboards -- like floating in clouds. Nice.

When I need to relax -- or get to sleep -- I use Hemi-Sync cd's.
    They have frequencies and verbal guidance to lead you into deep mental and physical relaxation. I especially like the "Sound Sleep" cd. It worked well for me. I've never heard the end of it because I fall asleep before that happens.

• Introspection
    Introspection

Hey Megadude, I have Hemi-Sync CDs too. Their TimeOut for Sleep CD is interesting, there are tracks for different phases of sleep so using a prgrammable CD player you can program the type of sleep you want to entrain to, like a physically recuperative sleep or a "contemplative" sleep. Good stuff.

"Knowing others is wisdom. Knowing the self is insight. Mastering others requires force. Mastering the self requires true strength." -Tao Te Ching, Chapter 33

• Introspection
    Introspection

Speaking of Celtic stuff Prisca, how about Loreena McKennit?

By the way, for unique stuff including selections for massage check out the listings here: http://www.backroadsmusic.com/catalog/categories/categoriesindex.htm

• ladonna
    ladonna

Hi Intro,

Yes!!!
    Even a stodgy opera singer like myself listens to Enya.....and Loreena
    McKennit...

Prisca.....you "have" to hear her music....if you like Enya, you will love Loreena....even better I believe as Loreena has more variety and even more vocal warmth.

The word to her songs are also very beautiful....
    I might post some on the other thread so you can read them...

Ana

Some Birds Were Not Meant To Be Caged

• larc
    larc

Handel's Water Music

I find it to be much more soothing than Black Sabbath, he he

I like Enya too.

• Francois
    Francois

I like Fleetwood Mac and a joint, but I don't think that's what you've got in mind.

Here's an eclectic list for every taste

1. Kitaro - Silk Road
    2. Second movement, Beethoven 6th Symphony
    3. Third movement, Beethoven 9th Symphony
    4. Paul Horn's flute recorded inside the Great Pyramid & Taj Mahal
    5. "Gentle Rain in a Pine Forest" environmental white noise

That should hold you for a day or two. BTW, I like Enya too!!

Where it is a duty to worship the Sun you can be sure that a study of the laws of heat is a crime.

• neyank
    neyank

I'm always looking for some good easy listening music.
    I just checked out Enyas' web site.
    Now I'm hooked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

neyank

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit