Grief from those you helped

by greendawn 5 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

When you were JWs did you bring people into the org (relatives or not)that later on became for you a source of grief eg stole your spouse, shunned you, slandered you, persecuted you after becoming elders etc etc

• paws
    paws

oooooh yes!

a very young single mum who needed a lot of practical assistance and recieved it from moi......eventually married a minnow who became an elder and when I found myself in need of huge support due to a marital prob....decided to judge and ignore.........it was very painful but I'm fully recovered and full of compassion for her mis-guided perceptions

paws

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Definately concur with this one...the times you help people only to have it thrown back in your face in your own hour of need...I have had this happen on a number of occurences...that being the case however I did get a very big apology from a certain person when she left the Borg...it was like gaining a new friend again....the important thing is to remember that through the hurt people can be blind to their emotions whilst being a JW...when someone opens their eyes however and realise where they have gone wrong thats when it should be celebrated...

• Es
    Es

I so hope all this didnt happen to you greendawn es

• greendawn
    greendawn

ES, only one experience with a certain individual who was working with me in a supermarket where we were managers with me above him in status, he was quite dishonest because many times he tried to take credit for things that I was doing and eventually began accusing me that I was being very nasty and unfair to him claiming his achievements as my own or ignoring them. But who was claiming whose work? Yes I'd give him credit for his achievements (and for what they were worth) but not for mine.

The slimy sneak was nice when I got him the job but once he settled down well after a couple of years he began undermining me with some viciousness. There was a lot of resentment and aggravation but eventually he left.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

yes I too have had grief from some I have gone out of my way to help. Manytime I wanted to be there for family and friends. I have been deeply hurt by both friends and family.

I have a sister who would always call me from Quebec and beg to come to our home in Montreal because her husband wasn't working and she had no food in the house to feed her two kids. I gladly had her come to my home and my ex husband would find my brother in law work so he could support his family only to be stomped on and ungrateful. They would tell me they would be with us for a week and it ended up many times a month at a time. She always knew when I had money and she knew when I did a huge shopping. As I use to buy in bulk. She is the laziest person I have ever known, she would do nothing, to help in keeping my home tidy or she wouldn't do the dishes for me or clean because she felt she was queen bee. Both my ex and I had jobs and really didn't mind doing this from time to time but when it got to be so regular I had to telll her no. I once went up to her home with her I drove her and the kids home and she said see I have nothing to eat in the house or to feed the baby. I opened her food pantry and she had cans of veggies and tomatoes and soups and yet wouldn't bother trying to make baby food with a blender. So I showed her what to do and made the baby food and seasoned it with a little salt n butter. Like I said unless it came prepared for her she wouldn't work to make life easier for her husband . Complain is what she always did and as her children got older she would use them to do all the upkeep of their home. She said she had children so that they could serve her. Oh I was so mad. She never thanked us for all the help we did for them over the years. Even up until 1999 she would show up at my home needing help. Then when I needed help from her she said no. She wouldn't even take my son while i was in the hospital. Her attitude in life stinks. She is self centered and thinks the world owes her a living. She asked me once for five hundred dollars so she could leave her husband and I told their was no way I was going to be accused in helping her to end her marriage. I told he to work it out. When grandma died she saw to it that her son got my grandma collections of coins and yet it was my son who was the oldest and first great grandson and all he got was a teddy bear. I was so mad at her for being so selfish.

You know I have so many stories I would love to share with you but it would take me ages to compile this documentary of betrayal of family and friends.

I have been pretty much blessed now with a wonderful husband and a beautiful son and that is what keeps my very happy and contentment. I have made many new friends on the forum and wouldn't hesitate to help if it is with in my power to help another.

Pissed but loving life to its fullest

Orangefatcat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit