Damage To The Human Spirit

by paws 5 Replies latest jw friends

• paws
    paws

Hia everyone...I have only posted in response to other topics so far and thought I'd take the plunge and start my own.

Over the weeks I've read so many of your heart wrenching experiences within the org which spans almost every variation of initial contact with the JW's possible imaginable and often times I have read with tears in my eyes. I am always sending my love and respect to everyone:

.... to those having successfully freed themselves....your example is a beacon of hope.

....to those who are struggling between a longing to live genuine Truth and the fear of losing the presence of loved ones in their lives.... Please Know that eventually, living 'Your Truth' will set you free beyond your dreams.

As individuals with our own unique set of circumstances from birth we found ourselves vulnerable to the promises of a righteous and loving future which we were 'unrealistically' invited to taste now, within the org. and yet we and our beloved children were also under threat of 'death with no hope' should we not comply!

For some, whilst delving deep within ourselves to find the courage to find our own spiritual truth we also have to learn to' forgive ourselves' for any damage we may have unwittingly caused to those we have dragged along with us into what is perhaps the greatest deception of all time. Whether it be our innocent children or people we have contientiously studied with because we fully believed that we were on the side of truth.

Such is the legacy of our once upon a time search for spiritual truth which led us to believe it could be found within a structure created by mere mortals!

LOVE is the prime command and objective and it starts with 'us'....forgiving ourselves for the mis--takes in our lives can free us to forgive all things....

I now Know that responsibility for my spiritual growth belongs only to me as a unique individual and that equally, I have no right to either instruct another on their own journey nor critisize them for their choices.

Much sincere affection and respect to everyone

Paws

• squinks
    squinks

Thankyou Paws!

Perhaps we will hear your story sometime.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

That was beautifully written, Paws. Thank you for the encouragement and the sharing!

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Well said, Paws; and welcome to the forum.

Perhaps there is a valuable lesson in seeking outside and not finding; it leaves us with only one remaining direction to turn.

j

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Thanks PAWS, I guess we are just all trying to heal and be happy since our experiences.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Stay Paws,

Dismembered

"Don't you go dyin' on me now"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit