in the beginning...

by spider 0 Replies latest jw friends

• spider
    spider

I just started reading the first few postings on this forum on pages 278 and 277.It was interesting to see how it all began.
    The first messages were very guarded.Noone knew what was to be deemed acceptable discussion.Simon mentioned barring some apostate subjects.
    It appeared at face value that all were current witnesses but I don't think this was true.
    What was the real intent of this board at the beginning? Was it as innocent as simply allowing witnesses to discuss doctrine etc or was it to help witnesses see that their religion was false.
    Were there hidden agendas at first? How many that claimed to be a witness was really just trying to gain the trust of others so as to help them think.To all that did and still do I have much respect and admiration for you all.
    The board has evolved.When I read those first messages I was shocked by how polite and sensitive everyones comments were.This is not the case so much now.All the same there is freedom of thought and expression and this remains a very healthy thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit