BEACON

by zev 6 Replies latest jw friends

• zev
    zev

if any of you have a ham radio or a shortwave radio and could tune into 28.295 i have set up a 24/7 beacon in morse code.

conceivably, if the bands are open anyone anywhere in the world could hear this at one point or another.

please feel free to send me a signal report if you can hear me.

THIS IS MY WEB SITE PAGE DESCRIBING MY PROJECT.

Thanks!

• Bas
    Bas

What does the morsecode say? "the watchtower is a fraud"? LOLb

• zev
    zev

Signal Sent:

de kd1zx/b fn41hv qth central falls ri

de kd1zx/b pwr 4w ant gap titan

de kd1zx/b qsl pse direct or (MY EMAIL ADDRESS)

• Frog
    Frog

wow Zev I'm guessing you've got a bit of time on you hands lol!

• zev
    zev

everyone has their hobbies, frog.

mine just happens to be expensive, and to see how far i can get a signal with as little power as possible.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Zev,

everyone has their hobbies, frog.

mine just happens to be expensive, and to see how far i can get a signal with as little power as possible

When you break it down to yearly cost, ham radio isn't all that expensive other than the initial outlay. Compared to many other hobbies that take a continual feeding of $$$$$$, ours is quite reasonable in the long run.

I should have my new Titan DX up within a few weeks and be back on the air. WhooooooooHoooooo!

Looking forward to field day too!

HappyDad

PS..........what type of feed line are you using? I was thinking of using plain old RG-8U

• zev
    zev

happydad....

i use 100 ft of plain olf rg8u

buried!

here is a page describing my antenna project with pictures

also a word of warning. you have to think about how your going to guy that antenna. i know it says it doesn't need it, but it does. even if you mount it the way i did. if its house mounted i think they tell you you have too. but i saw this thing bending in the wind right after a sticky wet snow and i paniced, and guyed it down good.

i dont have pictes of my guy job, but i will soon on that site.

good dx to you!

do you do any digital modes? psk, rtty, cw?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit