Evolution Again

by Kenneson 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Check out the article entitled "Brave New Schools. Darwin-only challenger libel. Parent says 'evolution spokeswoman' trying to discredit effort" at

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=43953

The following is an interesting excerpt:

"Scott--executive director of the Oakland, Calif.-based National Center for Science Education-wrote that Caldwell attemped to get the district to adopt materials advocating Biblical creationism, including a young-earth creationist book, 'Refuting Evolution,' by Jonathan Safarti, and the Jehovah's Witness book "Life: How Did It Get Here? By Evolution or Creation?'

"But Caldwell told World Net Daily he has never even heard of those books."

Although it doesn't name his religious persuasion, it doesn't appear to be Jehovah's Witnesses.

• kls
    kls

Oh truly , must we ?

Just kidding ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,now be nice or i won't play with you no more

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

If the school district did adopt the Watchtower book, "Life - How did it get here" anti-evolution book ... then, I would submit to them a complete refutation of this book by Alan F. Years ago he gave me a copy of his analysis which is about 500 pages. Among the many fascinating aspects of Alan's work is his expose' of the sloppy, fraudulent, and comical references used by the Society. Bring it on! Let the games begin! - Jim W.

• burnthepig
    burnthepig

Amazing 1914..

Which book are you refering to? And who wrote it? I'd love to get a peek at it!

Thanks!

pig

• hooberus
    hooberus

Scott's organization should really be called: "The National Center for Evolution Only Indoctrination"

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

A lot of Alan's stuff as well as JanH's and others' could be found here http://www.geocities.com/osarsif/index2.htm

I dunno how well that site is operating any longer.

BTW, Jim W. it's great to see you still alive and kicking with resolve and energy. Wish I had some of yours. I wish someday you could call my dad and talk to him on the phone when he's up to it. He is 60, hasn't been to a JW meeting in almost 5 years because he can't take it anymore but is desperately trying to hang on to a belief in Jesus. I think you'd be perfect to help him a bit if you're willing and I can get him to talk to somebody. He is in very distraught spirits although you'd never know it if you talked to him, he puts on a good front.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit