Always let your conscience be your guide!

by professor 4 Replies latest jw friends

• professor
    professor

Jiminy Cricket!

• kls
    kls

Jiminy Crickets? omg that is the term i use alot when i try not to swear,,,,,,,,,lol. I thought i was the only one to use this.

So you must think like me scary thought ain't it.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

'A conscience matter', in JW terms, can mean any of the following:

a) We won't disfellowship you for doing that, but we'll consider you as having disassociated yourself
    b) We won't disfellowship you for doing it, but you would be ineligible for 'privileges'
    c) We won't punish you if you do that, but we'll consider you 'unspiritual'
    d) There's actually nothing wrong with that, but we can't just come out and say it because we used to teach that it was worng

Let the reader use discernment to figure out which one is applicable in each case.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Guilt is a manifestation of a weak mind - Evil Force ;)

• FairMind
    FairMind
    Didn't having a conscience usually mean a fear of being punnished for doing wrong of being caught?

I don't believe that "fear of being caught or punished" is what constitutes having a conscience. Having a conscience would be knowing something is either right or wrong and then doing the right thing because it is what we know is right. Drinking alcholic beverages might be something you could consider to be a conscience matter. If you honestly feel that drinking them is wrong then you sholdn't drink because of you conscience. If you honestly fell it OK to drink then your conscience won't condem you if you do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit