Only woman to ever play lead guitar for Johnny Cash (plus, a good listen).

by Schizm 4 Replies latest social entertainment

• Schizm
    Schizm

Perhaps some of you know who she is? Her name is Debbie Horton. (She and her husband have a show in Branson, Missouri.)

If you'd like to hear her and impersonator Johnny Counterfit do a few of Cash's songs live, when the Real Player comes up slide the "clip positon" over to 26:25 (= 26 minutes and 25 seconds) : Midnite Jamboree 3/12/05 - Larry Sparks

• Schizm
    Schizm

Also, you can watch a fantastic video of her playing a medley of 3 Cash songs by clicking here: 56k BTW, she and her husband's website is: http://www.thehortonsshow.com Here's a couple of photos: The first one is of her and Cash (1987). The second one is how she looks today. Debbie Horton

• Little Red Hen
    Little Red Hen

Thanks for the hook up, Schizm. I really enjoyed that. I had no idea The Man had a woman play with him, much less play lead picker. Going to go listen to the rest.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I love Johnny. It's so sad he's gone.

GBL

• Schizm
    Schizm

This DVD just recently became available (in March). It's a must have for fans. I found it at Wal-Mart, bought it, and have watched it several times. It's of a concert that was done in France, in 1994. John Carter Cash performs with his dad in this one. (This is the 1st time I've seen John's son perform. He's really good!) Running time is 65 minutes.

Johnny Cash - Live at Montreux DVD

Tracks:

1. Folsom Prison Blues
    2. Get Rhythm
    3. Sunday Morning Coming Down
    4. I Guess Things Happen That Way
    5. I Walk The Line
    6. Ring Of Fire
    7. Ghost Riders In The Sky
    8. Delia's Gone Solo
    9. Tennessee Stud
    10. Bird On A Wire
    11. Let The rain Blow The Whistle
    12. The Beast In Me
    13. Redemption
    14. Big River
    15. Jackson (with June Carter)
    16. Will The Circle Be Broken
    17. Orange Blossom Special
    18. San Quentin
    19. The Next Time I'm In Town

http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/movie/pid/6835372/a/Johnny+Cash+-+Live+at+Montreux.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit