NEW POPE: What would Jesus Think?

by Taylor S. 4 Replies latest social current

• Taylor S.
    Taylor S.

I?m not surprised about the new Pope.

Once upon a time

. . . and I?m not even talking about back in the day when Jesus ( the original Christian ) , preached about love and compassion and looking out for the weak, the sick, and the poor. But I am talking about a time, more recently, when ?The Church? actually followed his evangelical credo.

Now there are still examples of this,

but for the most part, it?s gone. The religious right is in power now, and they don?t give a damn about the weak, the sick or the poor . . . or for that matter, Jesus? message of compassion.

An evangelical coalition, with Bible ensconced in armpit and tongue firmly in cheek, lobbies for tax cuts for the wealthy . . . and in the very same breath, against programs for the poor, affirmative action, and anything that even remotely assists the disenfranchised.

But they love children though, I?ll give them that.

Well, they lobby against abortion that is

. . . but check out the Christian Coalition ?s record on programs for actual living breathing children, especially little brown ones. It seems to me that if you?re still a zygote, they?ve got your back, but once you pop that coochie you?re on your own.

And once upon a time

. . . the world looked to

• Taylor S.
    Taylor S.

Sorry ... The first came out screwed up ... hope this works ....

• Taylor S.
  • purplesofa
    purplesofa

hey Taylor.........haven't seen you for awhile......have I? welcome back!

purps

• Taylor S.
    Taylor S.

Yeah, I've been pretty busy lately ....

its the first post i've made in quite sometime and it keeps getting screwed up. I don't know what's wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit