Have JWs abandoned my mum?

by glitter 0 Replies latest jw friends

• glitter
    glitter

My mum has been inactive for over 10 years, but for almost as long as that an elder has been bringing her magazines and books so she's up to date. She gets tapes of talks indirectly through another person.

The elder's not been in a while. Mum had an invitation for the Memorial from the person who brought her in to The Truthâ„¢ (same hall, different congregation) but she turned it down and didn't go (and didn't feel bad about it at all!).

She said to me today "I don't think is coming back." I said "Doesn't matter if you don't get the mags, as it's all in the Bible anyway and they just keep repeating." She agreed and then said "But what if there's some New Light... well, that would be in the Bible anyway... unless it was contradictory." I say "Like that daft Mediator doctrine." "Yes." said mum, nodding.

I always am a "challenge" to the elder... and a few times he's come over with his ministry partner (never phones first) and I've had to quickly move birthday cards, but he's never commented on them. I'm hoping he's given up, assuming that mum is secretly an apostate too.

It's so good to have her admit they're wrong "sometimes"... she doesn't do that if the Elder has recently been.

But part of me doesn't want them to have given up on her, because it's not fair on her... I'm confused.

I'm thinking it's maybe because of the Awake going to once a month - has that started yet?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit