JW Light just went crazy...Interfaith and the Catholic Church

by Krystal 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Krystal
    Krystal

Been doing alot of reading on this new pope and I read something that made my little JW alarm bells go off:

" Pope Benedict XVI outlined goals for his papacy today, including the unification of all Christians and reaching out to people of other faiths."

http://www.cnn.com/

To me this screams: INTERFAITH! Images of the harlot on the beast...

Anyone heard a JW reaction to the election of this new pope yet?

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

With the pope formerly known as Josef Ratzinger, no risk of "interfaith" I guess. The unification of all Christians can only mean within the Catholic (not necessarily Roman though) dogma and church. But wait and see...

• willyloman
    willyloman
    Anyone heard a JW reaction to the election of this new pope yet?

No, but I expect they will point out his Nazi heritage and service in the German army in WWII along with his membership in the Hitler Youth and point out that the Catholic Church and its pope at the time did little or nothing to stop the Holocaust, and then try to make a big deal out of it.

Come to think of it, that's a lot of ammunition for the dubs!

• mnb77
    mnb77

crazy, crazy, crazy,

Krystal, I can?t see a interfaith thing happening, I mean, Catholics follow the catechism which is apparently more accurate than the Bible and the Christians I know follow the Bible

• mnb77
    mnb77

Willyloman, I must agree with you on this type of reaction from the JW.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The new Pope says that

1: the Anglican Communion, Lutheran Church among others are "not real churches." I cannot see him advancing along the ecumenical path.

2: He feels the adoption of tongues other than latin for the mass is unfortunate.

3: "Cloning is even more evil than weapons of mass destruction."

1: Ditto WTS

2: Ditto WTS except they mean the english NWT not latin. (See what happened in France - the GB ordered a grammatically wrong statement in French at John 1:1)

3: Ditto WTS - they are as ignorant as the Pope as to what cloning really is, and are happy that angels will wield WMDs at armageddon.

The person you hate the most is often most like you. WTS will have a field day.

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit