Bible reading

by fairchild 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• fairchild
    fairchild

Since I stopped going to the meetings, my daily bible reading has become irregular. I bought a King James version the other day, and thought that this might be a good opportunity to start reading the bible again on a daily basis. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing this together? Read 3 chapters a day (or whatever you prefer), and have a short daily (or weekly) discussion. Should several people be interested, perhaps we could even do a weekly discussion on the forum.

Any takers?

• bebu
    bebu

I would... but I don't think I'd find it easy to do on this forum. Perhaps by pm? If it doesn't work, there's a newer site I've found called 5loaves.net that looks like an interesting community for stuff like that.

I could be wrong, though. If it happens, maybe a book like Galatians would be interesting (esp the theology in it). I also like John, or 1 John...

(Anything but Revelations!!!!!!!)

bebu

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

From my own experience, Bible reading and free discussion by open-minded people of truly different persuasions is always interesting, although it happens too rarely... I'd say give it a try if you feel like it.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I would, but I think there is other fiction I need to get through first and I didn't find much of the bible "inspiring" first time round, or the second, or the third.

I would be up for Bocaccio's Decameron though as I've never gotten any further than the 8th story - it is of comparative length to the bible too!

In all seriousness, and putting aside my prejudices for a moment, - reading it in King James form should be interesting. Enjoy and perhaps bring to the board any points that show the gap between JW translation and a scholarly one.

Crumpet x

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon
    I would, but I think there is other fiction I need to get through first

I skipped to the end bit, I think the author was a bit pushed to meet his deadline. Didn't make much sense and the plot totally went out the window.

• fairchild
    fairchild

Oh thank you bebu. How soon would you like to start?

I think one of my favorite books is genesis, because of the intriguing stories developing. It's like a soap opera. I also like kings.

• bebu
    bebu

How about next week? If it's just you and me, it might be better to do it by pm or email. Whaddya think?

bebu

• Terry
    Terry

Bible reading without Paul (I'm an apostle too) would be a much better experience.

T.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I'm afraid my response wasn't clear enough. I meant it could be an interesting experience to attempt on the board, for it has the potential for a vast diversity of readings. And I would readily participate if I have something to say.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit