$ 150.00, truth, lies, a satellite dish, and an Irish gypsy!

by love11 4 Replies latest social family

• love11
    love11

My so called friend acquaintance and neighbor, called me up last night to tell me that her cousin saw some little boy hanging on her satellite dish that is located in her front yard. She also told me that it is going to cost her $150.00 for a repair man to come out and fix it. I asked her when this happened and she said between 4-4:30 pm. I told her that it couldn't have been my son (5 1/2) because my daughter (almost 9) was already home from school at that time and she said that my son was with her at all times and he never did that. But there were boys (her cousins) at her house later that I saw wrestling in her front yard near the dish. Also, my daughter said that she has seen her daughter hanging on the dish numerous times and her mom will just say "now you know you shouldn't do that".

Here's some background on this woman and her child: She is on a disability check because she has MS. So she doesn't have alot of money. I have helped her before with buying groceries for her when she had nothing in the house to eat. Since then, I have kept my distance from her because she asked me for rides to go places and I made up that I couldn't take her. I started to feel a little used. So the whole winter went by, I barely said two words to her and she now calls about this. My husband is not rich, but we are comfortable. She can see me from her window every time I come home from shopping. Also, she was dating someone last year that just got out of prison (for petty theft as a teen- ager), and I told her how crazy he is and she dumped him because of that. Then she started dating this roofer that was roofing a house across the street from her. He (IMO) turned out to be one of those Irish Gypsy guys. He was asking to live with her because he had no place to live and she would call me up all of the time asking what I should do. Anyways, this guy started walking around to all of the neighbors houses and asking if they needed roofing done too. So that's why I think he could be an Irish gypsy.

Well... my family and I try to mind our own business and I decided not to be "friends" with her once I found out how shaddy she is. Then this happens! Here's the only problem- when I asked my son if he touched her satellite dish he said that he did..............apparently when my daughter went to ask if her daughter could come out and play he was "looking inside it", he said. But the cousin wasn't at her house at that time when this happened and so how could he have seen my son do it? The story doesn't make sense. Did the other boys do it and it was just a coincidence that my boy touched it that day too? Or is the dish fine and she is just making this up to get money?

When I talked to her on the phone last, I told her that it couldn't have been my son because his sister was right there. So she said, "oh ok" and left it at that. My other neighbor is her aunt and I saw her standing outside last night. What if she heard me screaming at my son for touching it? I know I shouldn't be screaming but, I'm pms-ing and it was tax week last week, we owe thousands, and my tax accountant added wrong and now we have to file an amendment, and my daughters birthday party is at the end of this month and we have almost no money left for her party or gifts. I know it's not even noon yet but today is one of those days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways......what do you think, what should I do?

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy
    Anyways......what do you think, what should I do?

You should let me know if you are in or close to Rochester, NY, Raleigh, NC, or Terre Haute IN and I can get that dish adjusted for free, if it's a dish network dish...

• love11
    love11

Nope... Michigan

Thanks anyways! Love

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

I think you should apologise to your son for screaming at him, and take the matter no further with your neighbour.

There does not appear to be any proof that your son caused the damage, so why prolong the discussion?

• love11
    love11
    apologise to your son

Yes I agree with you. Some times I can't believe how hard it is to be a parent. I always do apologise after any "blow up" and always feel very guilty and bad about it. He just says "That's ok mom, I get mad too." Maybe it's because I'm a red head!!!!!! HAHAHAHA

If she doesn't call me back, then I'm not saying any more about it!

I hope she doesn't!

But if my son really did break it, I'd feel terrible sticking her with the bill, since she's so poor. I don't know, hopefully she doesn't call!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit