Seven Year Itch!

by Crumpet 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Well today is my 7th aniversary with my boyfriend.

We met in a nightclub and are still together! The moral being you can find succulent meat in a "meat market", as long as you, maybe, have no morals!

So when I woke up this morning, sun streaming through the windows, daughter padding about quietly (children can never be quiet - or maybe our ears just go to high alert when kids are in the house) downstairs, I began scratching at myself madly until my boyfriend woke up. He did wake up and looked puzzled and asked what was the matter.

So I grinned up and said "darling - I've got seven year itch!" now he looked even more confused! So I gave him a big sloppy kiss and said "Happy Anniversary!" he was in fits of giggles once he got it!

What i have found though is that since I've gotten more involved in christmas and birthdays, which i wouldnt really celebrate in the early years of our relationship, for obvious reasons that now anniversaries are not such a big deal - not as they were when I was in the borg.

Did anyone else grow up with a family that made a huge thing over anniversaries (ours were like christmas - we had a special meal and all exchanged presents!)/

And for those romanctic couples - how do you celebrate anniversaries now? Do you celebrate more as you are togeher longer or less? And as the incorporation of world festivals diminshed the importance of anniversaries?

And if you just want to say happy anniversary - well who am I to object and not grin a lot!

• Carmel
    Carmel

Well my dear, having "celebrated" 40 of them, there has been no pattern. When we were young and in college, we had little $ so a fresh pastry wrapped in a cute little box was enough to say "I love you". Later in life I usually buy a new tool, like a table saw or such and though it may cost a tad more, it stll suffices!

carmel

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

living in sin for SEVEN years! ? shame on you lmao.

(i'm up to three years although i thought there was gonna be more sin involved dangit! )

scratch away and make him scratch the spots you cant reach!

happy anniversary!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Just seen this (I've been out all day).

Happy Anniversary, Crumpet!!!

It's my 12th Marriage anniversary, today (two "holy" numbers - spooky! - LOL).
    I remembered a card, my ex didn't bother. She thanked my by TXT message for the cheque, though

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

happy anni....crumpet

little toe....feelin you, man

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Wow - we have the same anniversary - hope that doesn't bode badly for me!

My other half doesn't believe that the 17th is our anniversary and therefore does not get me a card until the 19th every year - even though it is plainly in my diary. I am willing to concede we did not actually speak until after midnight on the 17th on account of the loudness of the music etc - but that still brings us to the 18th. LOL! he is a stubborn man!

Mind you if he sent me a cheque under any circumstances he'd get more than a text from me! hehe

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Congratulations on the 7th Year Crumpet!

Heres to many more too..

G

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit