1975 and medical issues

by loosie 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• loosie
    loosie

Does anyone here have any medical issues that are still bothering them today because they weren't corrected before 1975 because the new system was coming? Why bothering correcting them when you'll be perfect in a few years?!?!?!

It's one thing for the light to grow brighter, but another thing for it to be blinking on and off. - D.R.

• loosie
    loosie

Ok well since nobody wants to go first I guess I will. Here's part of my story. I was born in 1970. I started walking toward the end of 1970. My mom noticed something strange about how I walked. She took me to the doctor, and found out that I had a hip defect. So they put me in a cast hoping that would correct it. it didn't. The next option was surgery which would not have been a big deal to perform on a 1yr old then the rest of my walking life would have been smooth sailing. But no mom decided not to do the surgery because guess what this old system was going to end in 1975. I remember hearing my whole life well you weren't even supposed to go to kindergarten.

So now all these years later it's finally caught up with me. I've limped all my life. Now having that defect has thorwn off my back and the way I sit. My tail bone is in extreme pain when I sit. I can't walk around just one grocery store without getting tired for the rest of the day. This makes sitting for two hours during the meeting very uncomfortable, let alone service being painful.

Now at this time in my life if I had surgery it would be quite an ordeal, and other unexpected problems could arise from it.

All this because some men on the east coast can't do the math right.

It's one thing for the light to grow brighter, but another thing for it to be blinking on and off. - D.R.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

What does your mom say about it now?

so sorry for you.

purps

• loosie
    loosie

Purple Sofa: I don't know I don't talk to mom. She's a mess. only one of her four kids talk to her.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

That sounds like my mom with her kids!

I am shocked to hear this story, and I don't know why from all the others I have heard. But this one really takes the cake. I am surpirsed you keep going to the meetings. Do the people at your congregation know your story?

purps

• loosie
    loosie

some of them know the story. I am not as regular as the "good witnesses". I can miss the meeting for 2 moths straight and no one comes over to visit or calls. But if any elder ever asks me why I don't turn in more field service time. I will certainly tell them why. I think they don't believe me that I am in pain because I am not old, I don't look my age. A young person shouldn't have these problems at least in their mind.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I really do understand. The main thing is take care of yourself. It makes me angry at the way they judge people on meeting attendance and so easily forget ones that can't make it for medical reasons.

And that they discount how taxing it is to get to 3 meetings a week and Yes, sit for two hours. Especially when you are in pain. Most of the time this is the only time some even get out of the house.

I hope you can get some relief from your problem. If you had the hip surgery would it fix the other problems........limp and back pain?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

A person dear to me was born with CP/eye/foot problems. The mother of this one had operations performed

to the shock of the whole congregation. They expected nothing to be done!

• loosie
    loosie

Well Purplesofa, I get differing opinions from different doctors. some say it won't a difference now, some say worse pain could develop. who knows for sure. I just have a big chip on my shoulder about it.

DaCheech: I can't believe that they wouldn't think to help their child if it happened to them. Just show them that scripture that says "what father sees what is good for his child and doesn't give it to them". You know the older I get the more some people irritate me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit