Larry King and Religion

by Shania 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Shania
    Shania

I was watching an interesting exchange of Ideas between religious leaders last night on Larry King. There was a Rabbi, Born Again, Catholic Priest, Muslum,and an Atheist. I will admit a year ago I would of clicked right by such a discussion, but I found the topics they were discussing interesting. For the first time, I appreciated another religions point of view instead of dismissing them like they are false and no good and God is going to destroy them in the end. What I came away with after hearing their views on life after death is ----NOBODY KNOWS FOR SURE------------SO ENJOY THIS LIFE NOW BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT WE KNOW FOR SURE!!!!!!!!! That is such a true statement.........they all got along, no fighting, no saying your wrong and we are right--------I found it very enlightening not to have a prejudice attitude.........

Did anyone happen to watch it?

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I watched it too. They were all interesting but the Born Again was annoying.

• Bas
    Bas

I watched a little, it was on CNN international, but it was really late and I had to go to bed. The impression I got was that Larry is an atheist himself and had those believers in the defense with his superior views.b

• Carmel
    Carmel

I watched a little but had to get back to West Wing! I find most of the discussions like that to annoying as they are constrained by the production of the show and can't really delve deeply into a subject.

carmel

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    They were all interesting but the Born Again was annoying.

Aint' that the truth. I too found the show interesting, but the "holier-than-thou" born again needed was driving me nuts. btw, I think Larry King is an agnostic .... a real "searcher" .... he just doesn't know what he believes. I believe his current wife is LDS.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Larry King was born Jewish, is now either an Atheist or Agnostic, and married to a Mormon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit