Said Goodbye

by Ustabee 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ustabee
    Ustabee

After lurking around myself and posting in reply to Norm. I decided I'd better try to explain my personal view toward the WTS. I was baptized in 1976 and, over the years, served as a MS and elder. In 1993 I was DF'd after one hearing and spent the next year and a half getting reinstated. (Big Mistake!) Knocked around til 1998 and just walked away. By then, I had come to a lot of conclusions about what was going on in the org. All bad, too, BTW. So, I tried to walk away quietly and live my own life. No chance! The CO comes to town and evidently asks about Bro. 'Duck out the back.' Next thing I know here comes the CO and another elder into my office (of all places!) asking why I'm not at the meetings, etc. Rather than throwing them out, I proceeded to close the door and give both of them an earful for about 30 minutes. They quietly leave, two weeks later here come two elders, (back to my office, in front of my staff!) and proceed to ask me about my now wife and our relationship. At the point where they tried to put the guilt trip on me about violating God's law and you should dump this lady and return to the fold, I just said, "Boys, you do what you have to do, I'm through." Haven't been bothered since. The good news is, my son and daughter got out around the same time and I have my family intact, married to a non JW lady who thinks JW's are kooks. So now I'm a Ustabee.

The WTS cost me a military career and a lot of years that could have been put to better use. Interestingly, while I was an elder, I encouraged my kids to (1) go to college, (2) have friends that were worth having, not just JW's, (3) tried real hard not to be a total asshole. That may be why the BOE saw their chance and jettisoned me before I could do any more harm.

At any rate, if you are considering becoming a JW, think and think again, then run like hell!

• think41self
    think41self

Hi Ustabee

Thanks for posting your story. Yes it is a shame many of us wasted years, and perhaps our entire youths, on this false religion. But I for one am glad that I got out when I did, and the fact that your kids left too is super-d-duper

Welcome to the board, and I look forward to hearing more from you.

think41self

"When agnostics die, do they go to the great perhaps"?

• outnfree
    outnfree

Hi, Ustabee!

It is always interesting to hear others' stories, and yours is a piece of work! I can't believe they thought it perfectly okay to come to your place of business, not once, but TWICE!, to grill you about your state of mind.

I am glad to hear that you married the woman you loved and like think think it's great that your kids are out, too. (But I refuse to quote that big purple dinosaur to get across my glee! )

Welcome!

outnfree

• Ustabee
    Ustabee

Yep, they came bouncing in and announced themselves to the reception desk (three staff members on duty) and my secretary comes back and says , "Mr. So and So and Mr. Such and Such are here to see you." I couldn't believe it!

Yes, it is great my kids are out, too. I have four JW's that work for me, and they all treat me with respect. Of course, I sign their paychecks, but one who was an MS is no longer attending the meetings and wears a stud in his lower lip and a goatee. He asked me if the stud would cause problems for him at work, naturally, I said no. Turns out his elder father was removed from the body because he told the rest of the body that they were putting the WTS over Jehovah. Got him off the body so fast! On top of that, the 'studded one'is married to a sister and one of the elders supposedly made advances to this sister at the KH! Good Gawd! I remember thinking when he told me this that I would have probably had to just naturally whip this elder's ass! This is the spiritual paradise we hear so much about!

Yesterday, I went to the market and as I walk in the door here comes a brother who was a 'friend' of mine coming out the door. Looked right through me. Thanks, buddy! Good riddance, I say!

Jeez, I need to get off my soapbox!

• Tina
    Tina

Welcome Ustabee,
    No worries,soapboxes are Ok here! (big smile) hugs,Tina

• Prisca
    Prisca

Hi Ustabee and welcome!

Enjoyed reading your experience. I was raised as a JW and left a few years ago. Never looked back. I admire how you raised your kids to be normal, rather than to be social misfits aka JWs!

I look forward to more of your comments!

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Hi Ustabee! I'm glad to read your experience. You are so lucky to have escaped intact too.

I enjoy your posts.

Slipnslidemaster: "The gods too are fond of a joke."
    - Aristotle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit