"Releasing the Bonds is Back Ordered"

by bavman 8 Replies latest jw friends

• bavman
    bavman

Last summer I read the book "Releasing the Bonds - Empowering People to Think for Themselves", by Steve Hassan. I had gotten it at the library so I had to give it back. I recently decided to try and buy it because I wanted on the shelf at my home. When I called Border's books, Barne's and Noble and even Half Price books I soon found out the book is back ordered all over the country. The lady I talked with asked if this had just been on tv or something. I chuckled and said I really didn't think so however, there was a lot of internet work being done which promotes it. How much do you think people trying to leave the "borg" has to do with this backordering?

• blondie
    blondie

Have you tried

www.alibris.com

?

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

I happen to have quite a few of them actually, and at a price of $18! Brand new with dust jacket:

http://www.freeminds.org/sales/books.htm

Randy

The Watchtower Store

http://www.freeminds.org/sales/menuframes.htm

• kls
    kls

I ordered mine through Amazon and mine was on back order but for only a week . I just got it yesterday and can't wait to start reading it .

I thought the samething as to why it was on back order and hope because there are more finding the truth is BS.

• bavman
    bavman

Blondie wrote:

Have you tried

www.alibris.com

?

Let me clarify. It is true the book was on backorder but it now has come in. By recently, I mean a couple of weeks ago I ordered it. I picked it up tonight and now have it on my shelf. It is interesting to contemplate for me though just how many dubs and ex-dubs could have there hands on this book. Hopefully many more too!
  • blondie
    blondie

If you don't have it already, I found this book very helpful:

THE SUBTLE POWER OF SPIRITUAL ABUSE

David Johnson & Jeff VanVonderen

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Have you checked out Steve Hassan's web site? www.freedomofmind.com

It's a great source for information until you receive Releasing The Bonds.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I just checked this out from the library two days ago. I'm about half way through, and am a bit anxious/depressed at how much cult molding is still active/around in my head. It is an interesting book, good read.

I want to get a few copies of this, one for my aunt, my mom's sister. She is Lutheran, and I think it would help her t o let go of the pain that my mom caused that part of the family when she became JW. I also think that the family at that time, did not have the emotional, psychological resources to get my immediate family out of the cult. I say that with not one ouce of blame--they could not have helped us, because they had their own issues to work out.

I also want to get a copy for my mom. She needs to acknowledge what she put us all through. Again, not to blame, but to honestly and openly accept the consequences of all our action from that point forward.

• bavman
    bavman
    Have you checked out Steve Hassan's web site? www.freedomofmind.com

Yes I have. Ty. Back to the point of my post here though...the question...How much do you think people trying to leave the "borg" has to do with this backordering? Just wondering...?...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit