Movie: What the bleep do we know?

by karly 3 Replies latest jw friends

• karly
    karly

I'm sorry if I am starting a topic on a subject that has been raised here before but has anyone here seen this movie: What the bleep do we know?

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

This movie has probably had more threads started than any other!

I'd like to see that water experiment validated. It seems incredible to me. (BTW, we are ~70% water not 90% like the movie claims.)

Also, the movie made it seem simple for someone to walk on water. Why didn't they show someone actually performing this amazing feat? :)

Overall the movie was ok, but I couldn't get over the bad science. I am forgiving of bad science when it's in an entertaining movie, but not when it claims to be a documentary or real science. Plus when I found out this "documentary" was funded by a cult whose leader channels information from a dead 35,000 year old warrior, well, I sort of lost all respect for it. hehe

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Check the web; I am not sure about the science of that program. It seems to be a commercial for the Ramtha Enlightment College, or some such silliness. One of the scientific presenters is a chiropractor. I liked it too; I just can't quite figure out what they were trying to say.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I'm a bit irked by this as the "bad" science gives all of us people with "Alternative" belief systems a bad rap. (Not all of us are Tofu eating Vegetarian Nazi Vegans)--not that that is wrong, it just is like yet another way of believing that divides people. And I do occationally eat soy, but that is beside the point.

I am playing around with the water thing myself at home, just not photographing the ice crystals. I do believe that "something" is going on here that is currently outside the realm of "normal" science. I think it is just a matter of wording the right theory to unify the opposing ideas.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit