How high will it go?

by jt stumbler 27 Replies latest social current

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

Average gas price in Colorado is around 2.35/gal. Theres talk that by this time next year it might get to 5.0/gal. I hear alot of talk but none of our spineless government reps NEVER do anything about it. Just like the border problem and health insurance. OPEC have us by the shorthairs

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

I ran through some calculations, and gas in BC is around 3.37 USD/gallon.

I think the onus is on people in general to curb their energy usage instead of buying SUVs and getting congress to fuel their cars. You could always get a bike, or a hybird car.

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

I heard on talk radio today that there is a 22,000 backorder on the hybrids. Just wondering but, do you people in Canada pay health insurance or is it a pay at the pump thing? As far as riding a bike, Yeah right! I commute 38 miles a day to work one way.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I welcome higher gas prices in urban and suburban areas. Maybe it'll cut down on the sprawl. Where I live the core of the city is a case study in urban blight while the suburbs keep spreading out out out.

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

DAN, how high are you willing to pay?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

You guys make me laugh!

Here in Britain we're paying over £4.00 for a gallon of petrol - even more for diesel! That's over $7.80 per gallon.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

If I didn't mess in the conversion (euro --> US$, litre --> US gallon): here we are already over 5,86 $/gallon...

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    I heard on talk radio today that there is a 22,000 backorder on the hybrids. Just wondering but, do you people in Canada pay health insurance or is it a pay at the pump thing? As far as riding a bike, Yeah right! I commute 38 miles a day to work one way.

Health care wise, it is taken out of taxes, except in my province, the government charges an illegal (technically) insurance fee of 54$/month. Some provinces do not charge this. But it does mean higher taxes and it takes longer to get an operation, etc. When we go to the doctor, each citizen and resident has a Health Card, they give it to the person at the desk. If a person doesn't have a health card, they will gett service, but you have to jump through burning hoops. Foreigners need to pay. At a doctor's office up front (~$80), but at a hospital they will probably get treatment, then pay. PS. You could take a bus

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Europeans need to remember that North American cars are built to guzzle gas. Conservation is not an objective of our car manufacturers and you would not see the kind of small cars they have in Europe here.

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

Hey the_class, thanks for the info. I wish there were buses going my way but there are'nt. We are in some desperate need of mass transient here. I think my next ride is going to be a motorcycle.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit