Need Some Hugs and Humor

by love2Bworldly 5 Replies latest jw friends

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Hi--can you people please tell me things are going to get better for me and my family?

To make a long story short, a bunch of my siblings and cousins own some property that has been in escrow since January. Some people are not speaking to each other any more because they can't believe we want to get money for this sacred property that my grandparents owned and-- because we want my 53 year old pot smoking brother who does not hold down a regular job, bathe regularly or have a life, and does not pay rent, to move off the property. Meanwhile, my spouse and I work our butts off and support our kids, and pay child support for some of my step kids, and are barely putting food on the table. All our bills are overdue and my car almost got repossessed. How selfish of us to want to get our portion, about $90,000 so we can get out of debt and put food on the table!

Anyway, I may get the money at the end of May if the title company doesn't put another 60 day hold on it because one of my cousins is wacko and would not sign the paperwork. (She is schizophrenic literally)

I just need to vent. I can't pay the bills and I'm scared, and feel like I'm treading water in a vortex.

Please tell me things are going to get better. My circle of friends is small since I am pretty busy with my family and working.

Is it because I am not relying on hoover? Actually I do pray but not to hoover. I just need a sense of humor to get me through. Please send me some humor. Thanks!

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Wow. That kind of sounds like my family, but don't worry things will get better. Actually, I think my family (as a whole) is probably worse, people fight over money a lot.

But anyways, Calvin & Hobbes always cheers me up:

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

((((love2bworldy)))) It's amazing how nasty family can get over money, huh. Your brother is grown and can take care of hisself. If he doesn't want to then that's on him. You're entitled to your portion and what you choose to do with it.

I KNOW how hard it is when all the bills are paid and food is a struggle.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Thanks for your thoughts. What really makes the whole situation strange is that my active JW sister is the one that hired the attorney to get the ball rolling when we had an offer on the property. And I think she did it because she knows I'm having trouble supporting my family. Weird! Sometimes I think her goal is to turn my kids into JW's one day if she is nicer to us than my 'worldly' siblings. And she is also talking about using some of her money for my kids college education, the one her and I were not allowed to have when we were young JWs.

Anyway, the whole situation is very interesting to watch.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Hey, look at it this way,, It couldn't get much worse! What would you do if the property didn't exist? Start with a plan on that premise and work forward, then if, Hoover willing, the money comes through, you have a bird in the hand and one nest in the bush..

no inuendos intended...

caveman

• Brummie
    Brummie

The only thing I ever got from the WT hoover was a black eye.

I sure hope everything turns out well for you and in this all goes in your favour

All the very best..

Brummie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit