Jesus' Enthronement, 1914, 1919, or 33 C E. or not at all???

by Blueblades 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

If Jesus' Enthronement has not yet occured and will never occur, this topc is mute. However if Jesus' Enthronement did occur according to scripture, when did it actually happen or is it yet future?

The Watchtower Society has it occuring in the year 1914 --1919, which time frame is the lynchpin for there Organizational existence. If it did not happen , then they are not representatives of Jesus.

The Gentile Times Reconsidered, chronology and Christ's Return, by Carl Olof Jonsson, suggest's that there is a date behind the date of 1914,which date, 607, once proven wrong, shatters 1914 as the time of Christ's Return.

It suggest's The Enthronement of Jesus happened after his resurrection in 33 CE.

This topic has validity only if the Bible is actually inspired of God, otherwise, secular history and chronology over - rule a book written by different groups of men in different ages for their own purposes.What do you understand about this event?

Blueblades

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Well it's a good question, but since there doesn't seem to be a way to actaully prove whatever answer you fancy....

So personally I'm out of theories, but one. I KNOW it wasn't 1914

• Liberty
    Liberty

This topic is interesting primarily because it really forces the hardcore Watch Tower defender to think about what they are defending. Even if I bought the concept that the W T Society was not a false prophet 100% and was able to disregard their own hype about "the End before the close of the 20th century", " before the passing of the 1914 Generation", 1975, the Cold War, WWII, and 1925 I am still left with the doctrine of Christ's invisible return and presence since 1914. Even if we disregarded all the evidence which clearly states that 1914 is not a real marked date due to the secular chronologies we are still left with a time-doomed doctrine. Why would Christ bother to have His Second Coming in 1914 just so He could sit around and do nothing for nearly 100 years as it relates to the timelines leading to Armeggedon? Since several generations have been born and died already from 1914 onward the significance of His "Presence" begins to resemble the doctrine that many mainstream Christian religions have taught for years, namely, that Christ's Second Coming occured in the distant past (33 CE) and He has continued to rule over the Earthly Christian Kingdom made up of his believers for thousands of years and is unrelated to any End Time events. In essence, if Christ's Presence And rule since 1914 continues with the Big "A" no where near in sight for over 100 years then His presence has nothing to do with Armeggedon. Most of what makes the JWs think they are so special evaporates with every passing year. How any JW can still defend this date as having any special meaning is beyond me.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    How any JW can still defend this date as having any special meaning is beyond me.

This was one of my seeds of doubt. "How can they prove this?" I thought. Simple, they can't! It was pushed on me while studying, but with no proof except WT literature. I wanted real proof, only to realize it doesn't exist.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Jesus, as God and the Son of God, has always been throned. He is the uncreate, the Lord, our Emmanuel (God-is-with-us).

• El blanko
    El blanko

Before being a Witness I expected lights, thunder claps and other portents ...not vapour.

Tying the return of Christ to a particular date also appears to be scriptural heresy in terms of no man knowing the hour etc

• Noumenon
    Noumenon

It's as plain as the nose on my face that Jesus enthronement is still a future event. Satan and human leaders still rule this planet. If Jesus has already been enthroned it would mean he has been co-ruling with Satan and the nations, which of course is a ridiculous notion.

• Mary
    Mary

I'd have to say I'd think it's a future date.......it most certainly didn't take place in 1914.

• M.J.
    M.J.

What's the practical significance of his being "throned" and what does it have to do with anybody? Biblically, he's the same yesterday, today, and forever.

It all had to do with feeding CT Russell's ego that he and his little "remnant" band played a big part in the grand scheme of things--

<<<turn reverb on>>> The Divine Plan of the Ages.

Now some silly little sect hasn't got over the hangover effects of that 19th century nutcase.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The explicit references to the Son sitting down on a heavenly throne in Matthew belong to the Son of Man eschatology (Matthew 19:28, 25:31), which coincide with the twelve apostles sitting on twelve thrones as well (cf. also Luke 22:30), and thus they have a future orientation -- albeit a future outlook that does not extend very far beyond the first century (cf. Matthew 10:23, 16:27-28, 24:34). Also of course, since these statements are oriented to the future, they do not address the contemporary situation. That is commonly described as the glorified Jesus Christ sitting or standing "at the right hand of God" (Mark 16:19, Luke 22:69; Acts 2:34, 5:31, 7:55-56; Ephesians 1:20, Colossians 3:1; Hebrews 1:3; 1 Peter 3:22), which is also dependent on the Son of Man eschatology (compare Matthew 26:64; Luke 22:69; Acts 7:56). Indeed, whereas Matthew refers to the Son of Man sitting on the throne when he comes, Mark describes him as sitting at the right hand of God (Mark 14:62). The act of being seated at God's right hand is referred to in the past tense in Ephesians 1:20 and Hebrews 1:3, 10:32, as well as in Hebrews 8:1, 12:2 which state that Jesus Christ "sat down at the right hand of the throne of Majesty in heaven" and "sat down at the right hand of God". So is Jesus Christ sitting with God on the throne itself or to its side? The texts are unclear. However, other texts imply that Jesus Christ was exalted to the highest position in the cosmos, subjecting all angels and powers to him (cf. Philippians 2:9-11; Ephesians 1:20-21), and Revelation portrays Jesus and God sitting jointly on the heavenly throne: "I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne" (3:21), "the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd" (7:17), "Her child [e.g. the Messiah] was snatched up to God and to his throne" (12:5), "the throne of God and of the Lamb" (22:1, 3).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit