The New Battlestar Galactica

by Yizuman 7 Replies latest social entertainment

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

What ya'll think of the new show?

Personally I love it. Although the new "reimagined" series is darker than the original show when it premiered in 1978. The new show makes up for better storylines and the characters looks more real and "down to earth", so to speak.

When I first heard about the "reimagined" series, I resisted the idea and wanted the original cast to return with all new stories. But after watching the new series, I changed my mind and thought the better of it. It's a real kick in the jimmy, folks. Especially I've accepted the fact that two main characters "Starbuck" and "Boomer" are females. They really play their roles really well.

Here's a short introduction of the characters

Well, that's the introduction. If you haven't seen the series, you can catch it on the Sci-Fi channel on Fridays or on the Sky One channel in the European channel (Check your local Sky One listings).

Any thoughts? Criticisms?

Yiz

• Daunt
    Daunt

I love this show to DEATH. The stories great, the graphics are great, but the thing i love the most is the camera. They use a kind of fidgety yet controlled camera that really highlights the action and you wont believe how hard that is to do with fights that are in 3d. It's quite amazing cant wait till the next season.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Yeah I can't wait for the next season either, the new season airs this coming July.

Yiz

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

I agree, it is a GREAT show. I missed the mini-series though, so I missed the cylons taking over. I think scifi is going to show the mini-series again this month.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

That would be a great catch up to watch, it's an awesome mini-series.

*looks at the calendar and counts way the months until July for the 2nd season.....sighs!*

Yiz

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Updated News:

Season premere of the 2nd Season of BSG opens on July 15th, 2005 at Fridays 10/9C.

w00t! I so cannot wait!

:D

Yiz

• econaut
    econaut

I love it too but I don't get the sci-fi channel anymore!

Question:

So do you think that Adama was really shot or was it just an image in Boomer's mind that we were seeing?

I think that she really didn't shoot him but just had the urge to do it.

econaut

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

I like the original better, but the new BSG has a lot going for it. Besides, the Mark II Vipers rock.

At first, I didn't really care for the characters, but the writers have done an outstanding job of developing them and making them more likable as the series progressed.

I can't wait for the second season.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit