Sin City.. omg.. SO GOOD

by GetBusyLiving 7 Replies latest social entertainment

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Just wanna let you guys onto this amazing movie I just saw! I think every ex dub should celebrate their ex dubness by watching this terrific flick! It has everything you could ever want in a movie - great style, ultra violence, corny terrific dialog, amazing cast. A warning though - its probably the most violent gory movie I've ever seen, if you cant stomach that stuff you probably should pass it up.

GBL

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

I just saw it tonight. Yes it is violent but if you have ever read Frank Miller's gothic novels the movie is exactly what you expect. Very, very good !

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

It's more gory than the Kill Bills? That isn't possible, I am sure Tarrantino will be jealous.

-Eduardo

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Tarantino guest directed in the movie Oroborus.. so that should give you some idea of what to expect :)

GBL

• joenobody
    joenobody

Saw about 40 minutes of it before walking out. Don't get me wrong I can handle violent movies if there is a point to the violence (fine with war movies, gangster, Kill Bill even). The movie had an interesting look, but I walked out of several reasons:

- the violence I did see was sadistic in nature

- the dialogue kind of blew (I know it's supposed to be like that, but it turned me off)

- didn't like people laughing at the "jokes" that centered on violence...

- basically it felt very, very dumb

- I was bored with the storyline and didn't want to sit through the rest of it

I don't expect this movie to be remembered for much 5 years down the road. It reeked of geekdom. I contrast it with a Tarantino movie that at least had terrific dialogue and memorable lines. Nothing much to be said for this one (although Carla Gugino nude was terrific!)

• eljefe
    eljefe

Sin City was great. It is already #96 on IMDB's Top 250.

My two favorite parts where the 1911 slide to the head and the prostitutes with lots of guns.

• eljefe
    eljefe

Sin City was great. It is already #96 on IMDB's Top 250.

My two favorite parts where the 1911 slide to the head and the prostitutes with lots of guns.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Yeah, for all you str8 boys out there the women were very hot. Long live Slut-A-Rina, godess of all hot whores. LOL.

The men were all grizzled and old.

But then again that's Frank Miller for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit