Alleged Jehovah?s Witness attacker held to answer

by Dogpatch 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Alleged Jehovah?s Witness attacker held to answer

http://www.smdailyjournal.org/article.cfm?issue=04-09-05&storyID=41693

A San Bruno woman accused of yanking a Jehovah?s Witness into her home and threatening her with a butcher knife will face a trial for the incident, Superior Court Judge Marie Seth Weiner ruled Friday.

Cathy Infusino, 52, is charged with assault with a deadly weapon for the alleged assault on Christmas Day of 2004.

The victim of the alleged attack testified against Infusino at a preliminary hearing Friday. The defense presented no evidence or testimony.

However, Infusino has claimed that she was the crime victim in the case, according to San Mateo County District Attorney?s office. The Jehovah?s Witness entered her home with a key and attempted to burglarize the property, according to Infusino?s version of events.

The Jehovah's Witness' version of about what happened about 2 p.m. that Christmas afternoon differs from Infusino's version dramatically, according to the district attorney's office.

The 52-year-old Jehovah?s Witness was out visiting homes in Infusino?s San Bruno neighborhood when she knocked on Infusino?s door, believing the home belonged to an acquaintance. Infusino answered the door and the victim apologized for her mistake.

Infusino allegedly then grabbed the woman and pulled her into the apartment. The victim noticed that Infusino had a butcher knife. She pushed Infusino away and escaped with only slight cut on her hand.

Infusino is out of custody on a $10,000 bail bond. She will return for Superior Court arraignment on April 29 at 8:30 a.m.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Witnessing on Christmas day, not a very good idea!

• Celia
    Celia

It was just a case of a harassed host of a Christmas dinner, who was just about to carve the turkey, or the ham, when the bell rang.... she hurried to the door with the carving knife still in her hand...

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I guess the angels weren't there to protect her. Oops they must have been to busy with Christmas.

Love Orangefatcat

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

The facts say people are getting crazy......crazier........or just plain stupid!

• Purza
    Purza

I read about this when it happened. It will be interesting to find out the outcome.

Purza

• Quentin
    Quentin

The last thing I'd want to do in this day and time is knock doors.

For any reason.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Knocking on doors is kinda fun. Been looking for some hand to hand combat excerise anyway. Reminds me of the Army.

What a life, huh?

• kazar
    kazar

That story is so funny. The comments from the board are even funnier. You folks are better than Comedy Central. Made my day!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit