Queen Elizabeth at 16

by Amazing1914 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Watching the wedding of Charles and Camilla (Chuck and Cam to those in Rio Linda) ... I became curious about Queen Elizabeth. She became queen in 1953 when I was two years old. So, I went to the official website of the British Monarchy at: http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page1.asp and read up on her.

I saw an impressive picture of her at sixteen years of age: http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page427.asp

© Mark Stewart, Camera Press

She was a real lovely young lady. I notice that most all the members of the House of Windsor, including the two young Princes, are nice looking people.

Its fun watching the British tradition and ceremony. Britain has set many standards around the world for good government, civilized society, and advancement in all sorts of fields. My ethnic heritage is English, and I am technically supposed to he heir to the Whitney Castle, located near Wales. One day, I hope to travel there, and visit some of my own history.

God Save the Queen,

Jim Whitney Now, I shall sit back and sip some tea.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    My ethnic heritage is English, and I am technically supposed to he heir to the Whitney Castle, located near Wales. One day, I hope to travel there, and visit some of my own history.

Amazing, I think researching your family heritage is a wonderful thing to do. My heritage is Japanese (from my mother) and Scot-Irish/French/German and Native American (from my father). I know virtually nothing about either side, but as a child I always fantasized that I would be a long lost princess inheriting a life's fortune from some distant relative. LOL My husband's mother's family did some research on their Creole heritage and found a lot of rabblerousers that couldn't stay faithful to their wives, sober, or out of jail. It's a good thing for me that his English (Weathersbee) genes came in strong for him!

May I pass you the crumpets?

Andi

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I wish beauty didn't fade. I saw a picture of my bf's mom when she was young....she looked like a movie star!

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome
    Britain has set many standards around the world for good government, civilized society, and advancement in all sorts of fields.

like afternoon tea, sorting out monarchs, and televisions. i'm sure the bad outweighs the good.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Nice picture of young Lizzie & really interesting about your family history. But as for the Royals, nothing against them on a personal level but I'd rather look up to people who are worthy of it. That excludes our Royal family in my eyes. I find my next door neighbour of more interest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit