Thanks for....

by lavendar 8 Replies latest jw friends

• lavendar
    lavendar

......all the welcomes! Nice to have a support group here, since no one else I know is able to help me with my friend (the JW). My ultimate hope is to be able to show her she's in a dangerous cult. But I realize she won't believe me just because I say so. So, I've just been asking her questions to try to get her to think.

The Memorial invitation was a good time to ask why there are TWO different groups of people in her org. One with a Heavenly Hope and one with the hope of living on "Paradise Earth". I told her that was interesting since Paul, in Ephesians 4, talks about ONE Body (of Christ) and ONE Hope. She said both groups are "One" and "United". ???? You just can't get anywhere with them, can you? Yikes!

Any thoughts?

• kls
    kls

Hi Lavender ,ya it is kina like beating you're head against a wall. You can see how dumb it is but trying to tell a JW is almost impossible.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Ephesians 4, talks about ONE Body (of Christ) and ONE Hope. She said both groups are "One" and "United". ????

If you need a hand building a brick wall to beat your head against, give us a yell

• heathen
    heathen

Welcome to the board lavendar .The WTBTS doctrine is all screwed up . You will find a variety of beliefs on this board and probly won't find anything unanimous , this is not a religious site, just a place to discuss things that we believe or that we were taught by religion and find in error . Most here do agree that the WTBTS dogma about heaven and earth is in error . My personal belief is that christ returns to earth with the city of new jerusalem sometime during the great tribulation to rule the nations with an iron scepter . Upon arriving he sepperates the wheat from the chaff by either inviting them to the marriage feast of the lamb or rejecting them . The kingdom of the heavens is the city of new jerusalem . There is a difference between the anointed and the great crowd . This does not mean the great crowd is excluded from the new covenent , I believe they can partake of the emblems during the memorial service . The great crowd have the hope of never dying when the kingdom arrives but the saints or anointed are all dead and are resurrected, thus the 12 pearl gates on the city with the names of 12 tribes of Israel . The little flock is counted to be 144,000 the great crowd is undetermined in number . Hope this helps ...........

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Lavender, a person after my heart. I live for lavender. The essense of lavender permiates all threw my bedroom. Pillows blankets and everything is soo soothing. I have lavender, body cream and talc and mists. As far as I am concerned one can never have enough of it.

And no Brummie you can't rub me with that body cream But if you make nice to me well maybe I will let you as you know I am putty in your paws.

Yes Lavender, your friend is being brainwashed through and through. And the more you try to convince them with Logic they still look at you like your from another planet. They can't get it, they're the ones who can't see past the end of their noses. The Witnesses are so well indoctrinated its as if they are almost robotic with their come backs They take a scrpiture here and there and make it fit into their belief system. And to believe that I was in it for 38 years

Well don't give up on your friend and maybe she will see you have her best interest at heart.

Once again welcome to JWD.

Love Orangefatcat.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    She said both groups are "One" and "United". ????

1 + 1 = 1

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Excellent Point Elsewhere. It reminds me of the Trinity the witnesses say that 1+1+1=1

They surely don't know how to add.

OFC

• heathen
    heathen

Yah it's kinda hard to say you are united when there are all kinds of rules that apply to the great crowd that don't necessarily apply to those in charge . Those in charge keep saying they want obedience not equality .They don't even care if they are wrong on things it's simply everybodies obligation to obey the voice of brooklyn as if God were speaking . Then if they are wrong about something they are the only ones allowed to say so, then there is a bunch oops look we are only human after all type of crap in the literature . Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhh

• lavendar
    lavendar

Thanks all. I love lavendar too, fatcat. Love to dry it and have it around the house. I like your cute picture w/ the little girl & hollyhock flowers!

Well, I know its like talking to a stone image, but I'll kept trying with my JW friend. Actually, she's a relative, which makes it even more heartbreaking.

So long for now.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit