question for a school project

by Goldtsunamigirl 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Goldtsunamigirl
    Goldtsunamigirl

Hi,

I'm doing a project on different religions around the world, and I had read something about there being different levels of jerusalem. I was wondering what these levels were, and what exactly they represented. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Rachel

• blondie
    blondie

I'm not sure what you mean. The WTS teaches there is an "earthly Jerusalem" the capital of ancient Israel and "heavenly Jerusalem" which consists of the 144,000 humans they say God has selected to live in heaven with Jesus and rule as kings and priests and Jesus himself, 144,001.

The Mormons/Latter Day Saints teach that there are several levels of heaven.

?????

Blondie

???

http://www.likuteitorah.com/22.5%20P'kudei%20pamphlet%20web.htm

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Are you talking about different archeological strata of ancient Jerusalem?

GentlyFeral

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

welcome to the board Rachel - if you go into a bit more detail about your project we might be able to help a bit more.

• mnb77
    mnb77

I am not exactly sure what you are looking for... but when it comes to different levels are you talking about the new heaven and new earth (mentioned in the OT and NT like in Revelation) if so, there is the earth before the flood noah experienced and then there is the current level where we live and then there will be a new level when god enthrones himself on earth as shown in revelation after the rule of satan for 1000 years (i think that is the order it goes in)

mnb77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit