Bible Student Steadfasters?

by under74 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• under74
    under74

Does anyone have any information on the "Steadfaster" group that opposed any support of WWI before the WTS adopted it's stance on no military sevice? On the net all I read is little blurbs but no detail.

• SeymourButts
    SeymourButts

try Standfasters rather than steadfasters, you'll get better results

• under74
    under74

I thought those who remained loyal to Russell's original ideas were known as standfasters. The group in particular I'm talking about were the one's that influenced the WTS (under Rutherford) stance on military service.

• SeymourButts
    SeymourButts

Hmmm......I guess I didn't know anything about that group. Looks like it's time for some research.

• under74
    under74

Well...I don't know much about it, I read a blurb on the religious something or other website and then saw it mentioned on silentlambs......it could be the same group but I've never read anything about the WWI stance in anything I've read about the standfasters. I just can't find anything. Tried the search here but it doesn't work.

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

I actually found a website about themn a while back. It had their creed as well as pictures from their conventions in Romania. They sound kinda freaky to me. Unfortunately, I can't find the site now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit