something i herd in the public talk last sunday

by NoAnswers 7 Replies latest jw friends

• NoAnswers
    NoAnswers

The brother that was giving the talk that day said, "many of you brothers sitying here today will never see death." i was like wtf ? made me remember Judge Rutherford..... Millions now living will never die

• Jez
    Jez

They have to feed them that lie every so often to remind them of the carrot in front of their face and the whole reason they do what they do. To get what they can from God-everlasting life. Not because they truly love him. Satan always maintained that humans would serve God based on what God could give them or take away. JW's prove Satan to be right.

Jez

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

what about the poor systers in the audience. Dont tell me the new world is gonna be a big sausage fest now!!!

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

Makes you want to do this

• kls
    kls

If i had to sit through one of those meeting ,death would be welcome

• Samuel Thorsen
    Samuel Thorsen

A Bethel brother visiting my mum's congo said "...in the remaining weeks or months before Armageddon..." and thats a two or three years ago now.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Perhaps they're just trying to build hype.

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

That sort of statement telling people they won't see death gets me really angry. Even if they do believe armageddon is coming they can't emphatically prove that's it's months or a few years away. It's an empty promise and even worse a total lie as those in authority saying it don't fully believe it and only say it to keep the carrot in front of the donkey.

As classicist said 'hype' is a good word for it. The org. is like the religious version of Don King.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit