funeral again

by kilroy2 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

Well my wife's grandmother died a couple of days ago. the services will be on Monday, Anne Ritchie, not that it is not expected she was 90. not exactly a spring chicken.

My problem is two fold, my wife's parents have not contacted her or tried to contact her for quite some time. and when they do her mother stops by her place of work unannounced for "a chat", So now that my wife's mother has lost her best friend [Donna never cut the cord] she calls my wife for the funeral, I personally do not want her to go, but I cant tell my wife not to go, and I would like to be there to support her, but after my mother died, and I had to sit through a propaganda speech when it was supposed to be about my families loss. pissed me off to no end.

I swore to myself that I would never step inside a kindomhell ever again, and I mean to keep that promise. I think my wife understands, the other thing that just pisses me off, is that the dubdom funeral is never and I stress never about the person that is dead. it is a total propaganda ploy for the captive audience of non dubbers in the hall.

The shit heads suck the grief from you at the most desperate time in your life, dam them, they cant even let you have time to reflect on the person, the have to steal, and that is the word, STEAL the time for your grief, from you to try to convert others.

This in my opinion is one of the most disgusting things that they do, to take the focus from your loss and use it for themselves is like pulling the gold teeth out of the freshly gassed Jews in dachau, the bastards. It makes me even more resolute to never step inside a shit hole of a kindomhell.

I know some will tell me to suck it up Nancy and just go for your wife, I cant though, I would feel like I have caved in to the society.

Those bastards, I tell you one thing, if the dubbers were ever outlawed I would be one of the first in line to string up the GB from the nearest tree in Brooklyn. Hang em high.

• kls
    kls

I feel the same way ,i will never,ever step foot in a cult house again fo no body or any reason, no matter who died.

You do what you feel is right and yes their jw funerals could careless for those who have lost their loved ones.

• hubert
    hubert

Kilroy, Sorry to hear about your loss.

I think the non-dubbers in the hall can see through the charade when the j.w.'s do this. It's just so stupid and arrogant to use a funeral as a propaganda recruiting tool.

How hateful they are to do this.

Hubert

• Rihannsu
    Rihannsu

I understand how you feel but feel you should go. I also will be faced with this tough choice soon, My brother who is still in the cult has cancer and according to the doctors has weeks to live... I will be going as will my wife and family that got smart and left the cult. I will not take any crap/disrespect from the cult though. If they show me or my family any abuse I will have some words outside with them and I can promise you it will not be "kind" words...

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

I believe that you have to do what you feel is the right thing for you - first and foremost.

Secondly, I believe that we attend funerals to show support and comfort for survivors. If your spouse feels very alone at a this time, it may be a great gesture to attend if for no other reason to support her.

If you feel that you want to honor the grandmother in another (more personal) manner, maybe organize that. Keep yourself occupied getting ready for the real memorial of her life that can be held for her closest friends following the cold, impersonal informercial at the Kingdom Hall.

I feel for you. And for your wife. I hope Grandma is enjoying herself. Somehow 90 just doesn't seem as old as it used to...

-Aude.

• trinity83
    trinity83

kilroy2,

The same exact thing happened to me when my mommy dies two years ago. I'm no longer a JW but of course went to the kingdom hall for her funeral. I wanted to stand up and yell at the brother officiating. They said like two kind words about my mom and shoved their agenda down our throats. I was madder than the devil on a sunday after that. The brother who did it came up to my husband and i afterwards and i wanted to spit in his face. raaarrrrr.....

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

for those who have been there you cant explain it to those who have not, when my mother died, and that was the hardest thing that I have ever went through, I can remember an elder sitting down with us [her four boys] and asking what her fav, scriptures were, and things like the new world order coming was she looking forward to? I so wanted to say SCREW YOU ASS HOLE YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW HER, they never take the time to get to know any one out side of their click, and even then the click is always on their best guard to never say how they feel, can you say BIG BROTHER!!! IS WATCHING!!,

My mother was looking forward to a book convention, [she was a published writer, had 4 novels published,] no she was not rich, when you are a romance writer you are not paid much, I think she only got 2 or 3k per book. but she loved romance novels, and would read them in secret,you know how the society is about romance novels and soap's so she is published under the name Kathleen Suzan. I have seen her book in wal-mart and some times I brings back the whole thing again.

But to the point, my mothers funeral was a sham, and I shut my mouth to keep the peace, because that is the way my mother was, any thing to keep the peace, like most mothers. When the elder gave the talk, I was sick with the Kathy loved the society and looked forward to the new system, as we all do, this world is passing away, and is so evil, blablablablablabla

Nothing about that she was so looking forward to going to a book signing in neb. or that she loved writing her books. That was her greatest passion, from the talk you would think she was pioneering the new 80 hour service week. She planned to leave the cult as soon as my grandfather passed away, she did not want to have him go alone to meetings.

Always the good daughter trying to keep the peace, and in the end it killed her. she had congestive heart failure.

The crux of the matter is that the society sucks the joy, and even the dam grief from your life. can you imagine the grief. there is not to many religions that do that, scientology is the only one off hand I can think of.

Any way I have had it with this crap. and I cant go. I have thought about it and I know I will be a shit to some people, but so what. I don't talk to those people any way.

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

First and foremost, my sincerest condolences to your family. No matter what age they depart, our loved ones are missed.

As for the funeral, I think you should do what my jdub ex-mother-in-law did at HER mother's Church funeral. Show up ... and sit outside in your car the whole time. That way you'll be there when your wife comes out to console her -and show those A-Holes that you don't want to hear that BS!

I always hated that about jdub funerals, weddings and anything else. Dry as old dog-sh*t!

• sad and lonely
    sad and lonely

damn!...question!...what the hell is a dubber?

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

slur of the W in JW you drop the J and slur the W dubber some one put a sticky up

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit