Bowing to the Training Hall (Kung Fu) - Yet another taste of freedom!

by AlmostAtheist 2 Replies latest jw friends

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Gina and I signed Zach up for Kung Fu classes today. As I was flipping through their little booklet, I saw a bit about bowing to the training hall as you enter. It says this gives reverence to those masters that have died, and thanks them for their efforts in seeing that the martial arts have been practiced, enhanced, and handed down to you.

What a beautiful thought, and how wonderful and fulfilling it is to know we don't have to go through any JW crap about it. Of course, JW's would shoot down martial arts anyway, but can you imagine the size of the cinder block that would drop from any elder that knew I am going to encourage my son to bow respectfully to a BUILDING to honor dead masters of martial arts?

I LOVE it! Let the bricks fall, my elderen, let them fall...

Dave

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Sounds fun. I hope y'all will be good at it.

• the bandersnatch esq.
    the bandersnatch esq.

When I started doing karate it took a bit of getting used to bowing as we entered the dojo, and also the bowing as a class that we do at the start of every lesson to honour our Senseis, our Kancho and each other. But I can see why it's done, out of respect, and I am more than happy to do it now. I hope you enjoy your martial arts lessons as much as I have!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit