National History Channel

by uncle_onion 2 Replies latest jw friends

• uncle_onion
    uncle_onion

On friday night I watched a programme on the history channel called "Moses who was he?" I expected to watch a programme that would be putting forth the idea that Moses did not exist. But it did the complete opposite. I have listed the things that I found interesting and would like answers to and hope that ones here can help:

1. Historians say that the city on Rameses which the Bible says that the isrealites built, was built AFTER the jews were meant to have left Egypt and so therefore the Bible must be false. However Some historians now say that a Nile tributary, that has since dried up, had a city on its banks called "Rameses" and when the tributary dried up, the city was transfered to the city of Tanis and renamed Rameses?

2. Semetic grafitti has ben found in mines that were mined by Egptian slaves?

YOUR COMMENTS PLEASE

uo

• ISP
    ISP

Hi UO

I missed the programme. I don't have much else to add except a few observations.

If it could be shown that Moses was a historical person, it MAY
    show that certain early portions of the bible were accurate with regard to him.

There is a long way to go before you can conclude much else........like ........he performed miracles, used by God or the rest of the Bible is true.

Best

ISP

• uncle_onion
    uncle_onion

bringing this to the top.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit