So what was your best April Fool's joke??

by Hecklerboy 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

My wife tried to get me this morning. She called on her way home from work (Registered Nurse) and told me she got real sick during the night and had to go to the emergency room. When I ask what was wrong she said she was pregant. I thought for about a second and said "Nice try". She couldn't believe I didn't fall for it.

This got me thinking about the best one I pulled on my wife. She works night shift at the hospital and usally gets up at 4pm to start getting ready and leaves at 6pm. Well while she was asleep I snuck into the bedroom at 4pm and set all the clocks to 6pm. Then started shaking here and telling her to get up. I told her I fell asleep on the couch and that she needed to get up right away. When she saw the clock reading 6pm she about freaked. She jumped out of bed and started running around in a panic. I just started smiling and giggling. She looked at me like I was crazy and then it finally click. She just tackled me and started laughing.

So lets here you best April Fools joke.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

My boss (an attorney) was quite aware of my penchant for pranks, and never seemed to fall for the more obvious ones. However, this one didn't seem to phase him until after he'd already fallen for it. I got the number of a local funeral home, and wrote the number on the message pad, along with the name "Myra Manes."

He got the message and asked me who it was, I said I thought it was a client's creditor (we worked in Bankruptcy). I saw him go in his office and then saw his phone button light up. I heard him ask for Myra Manes, then a silence. Then I heard him say "You're kidding?". Then I heard him yell my name from his office. He was dying laughing at his own stupidity for falling for one of my jokes. Yeah.. can't outprank the Country Girl... heheheh.

Later that afternoon he went to a conference with the other lawyers. They were in there about an hour. The secretary that sat next to me had told her attorney about the joke. After the meeting let out I heard lots of laughter and then saw my attorney rush out of the conference room, bright red and laughing. He told me he was going to kill me. I *hoped* he was joking... heheheh.

CG

• pennycandy
    pennycandy

I've always appreciated a good prank. It's nice when someone cares enough to pull a harmless joke on you. So at work I picked a few lucky people each year and showed them I care.

#1 I had various people call a certain co-worker throughout the day asking to leave a message for John Taylor. She repeatedly told them they had been given the wrong number. If she would have thought about it, she would have realized it was me because I loved Duran Duran. At the end of the day, I had a voice-guy (I worked for Radio Disney) call her in a cockney accent saying he was John Taylor and is calling for his messages. He really gave her the once-over for neglecting to properly take his important messages. Poor thing, she was so confused.

#2 Over a period of about 2 months, I daily swiped the pen from my friend's desk when he wasn't looking. He started locking his pens in his desk at night, but I watched where he put the key and took them anyway. It was hilarious to see him plodding to the supply cabinet every few days for more pens. He even complained to me and couldn't figure out if he was misplacing them or someone was trying to drive him crazy. It would have been good to do for April Fool's, but ended on my last day of employment there when I left his 50 pens and note saying I'll miss him on his desk to find the next morning.

#3 After a temp complained about no one caring enough to prank her, I completely reversed her entire cubicle after she left for the day. Files in the far left drawer moved to the far right drawer, phone, books, pictures, everything reversed. She loved it and decided to keep it that way.

#4 For yet another lucky co-worker, I lined up two rows of 12 styrofoam cups on his desk. After taping them all together, I filled them with water. Doesn't sound like much, but since you can't lift them together, and can't pour out one cup without spilling the others, it's not easy to figure out what to do with them. Passing by his office watching him scratch his head looking at them for some reason struck me as so funny. A few minutes later I saw him with scissors carefully snipping the tape between each one. Priceless.

I would never do anything that would destroy property (except waste 12 styrofoam cups), or make anyone angry. The effect I go for is "What the . . . ?"

• pennycandy
    pennycandy

Heckler and CG, those are both great! I'll have to try them both.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

My cousin got me really good this morning. I had just left the house and had traveled about a mile down the road into the next town My cell phone rang, I pulled over to answer...and he said it was (name of town) Police dept. He verified who I was and asked if my license plate number is..... Then proceeded to tell me that I had been observed driving 70 mile per hour on .....street. For me to stay where I was and there would be an officer on the scene directly. I was to stay on the line with a female officer until the cruiser arrived.....he supposedly handed the phone to a female officer...and click my phone died. It took me a minute, but I figured it out. Caller id had not listed the number....came up unknown name....and how would they have my cell phone number on file anyway?? I called her and she was killing herself laughing. After that, no one will be able to get me with an April Fools joke. today....but there's always next year.

I'm busy thinking how I will get her back!

Coffee

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

We have a teacher who is afraid of spiders... Today we put a tarantula in her desk... SHe literally wet herself. And the best thing is... SHE WASNT MAD.

The best one that has ever been done TO me was when a girl at school hid herself in a box in our storage room and I was sent in there to get something... And she jumped out, which scared the crap out of me.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Loved em everyone! HAHAHAHHAHA!!! I'd love to try those, but don't work in an office anymore. Do you think my horse would fall for it>

My favorite pranks that I've ever pulled were with the infamous and stinky Valerian Root. This is an herb that is used to calm one's nerves, but smells like a kitty litter box. It usually comes in gel caps, with the ground herb inside, so it's very easy to pull the gel caps apart to release its obnoxious odiferousness... heheheh.

I worked in another high end law firm. You know the kind: lots of mahogany, rich thick carpets, low lighting, very quiet. I worked in the IT department on the 9th floor. Most of the law offices were on the floors above us. I would get in the elevator (the carpet was a patterned brown carpet, so the root wouldn't show up) on the 9th floor, quickly open a gel cap, deposit the powder on the carpet and rub it in with my foot. It was fun to watch people's reactions when they got on the elevator. They didn't know if someone blew it, or whether there was a dead animal in the shaft. I did this on a regular weekly basis. It was hilarious to hear people's comments in the break room, and around the law firm about the "dead animal elevator shafts." BAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

My friend, who worked for the elevator company, called one day and said they had been regularly receiving calls from our law firm about possibly there being dead animals in the elevator shaft, and they had sent out guys several times to investigate. She wondered if I had anything to do with it.... . When I told her what I was doing she started laughing and said for me not to do that anymore, and she wouldn't tell. Hehehhe.

When I started working for my bankruptcy attorney, we would deposit the root on the carpet by the law books, and people started thinking there was a ghost there because the smell would be there one day, gone the next, back the next week.. it was too funny. Right after we did it, we'd run his office, close the door and start "whisper laughing." HEHEHEH.

CG

Somebody I used to know, when she was going through a rather acrimonious divorce, used a syringe to shoot "deer urine" in the rubber lining of her ex-husband's car. That was rather mean, but she felt better I guess. He couldn't figure out where the odor was coming from, and had to sell the car. She got the deer urine at a hunting store.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit