Aware or not - what difference does it make ?

by A Paduan 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

When jw teachers and visitors present their gospel and false prophecies, are they lying - whether or not they intend to ? - this saying came to mind

there is no truth in him......when he lies he is speaking naturally

• robhic
    robhic

Do you think awareness plays a part? I think it is a product of the constant repetition, brain-washing, high-control rote tactics under which these things are learned. Like, in situation 'A' you repond like this; in situation 'B' you respond like that. It's a reflex from almost chanting the answers constantly.

It's not an awareness or consciousness that it's even being done, just "following the script." Since no thinking, logic or reason is needed and is even discouraged, answer A and answer B's dissimilarity isn't even registering.

Do you think all salespeople believe the line of bullshit they espouse to get you to buy a product or service? Some probably don't but do it anyway to increase their chances of making you buy. As long as it's not dangerous, I'd suppose the salesperson would be more thinking of their own needs (getting commission from the sale).

Interesting thought, though.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Lying has to be purposefull. 9 dubs out of 10 really believe with all their heart what they are saying.

The primary fault is with the Society. They set up an authority system that does not belong to them, then tell people what to think. Also, most dubs dont know about the false prophesies.

In my hall I worked it out, that about 40% were not even in the org when the false prophecy about the generation came to light. Everyone else, myself included, just swallowed it as an adjustment. There is probably only about 10 in my hall who were in the org back before 1975 and they were inactive at the time, or just came back in time to make it into the new system. Out of those 1975ers, none of them are what you would call strong dubs.

Next if you follow orders, there is no way to find out about the multitude of other failed prophecy since they are no longer in print.

Now I must admit that if a person is dupped then part of the fault lies with them, but even though they speak a lie, if they believe it its hard to call them liars.

Sorry bout spelling, I was too lazy to plug this in to Word.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

When that bombshell "adjustment" about the generation came ten years ago we were all shocked. Oh, nobody left right away. But you should see our hall now: there are like half the people gone. They didn't all move away or die either. So it must have had an effect - like a delayed reaction. With regard to their old things not being in print anymore - he very old stuff is no longer in print but there is enough of the newer stuff (bound volumes) that one can read up on to see the changes over the years.

LHG

• mnb77
    mnb77

In the bible when prophcies came about they were from god and he typically gave them to ONE person. this was sometime backed up through latter prophets at least a significant # of years or miles between them in the bible.

with the JWs I think it might have been excused the 1st time, but 2nd 3rd, 4th and so on should have known better. If you believe it to be true, it better happen.

know the history before you believe the prophet...

fooled ya once its on me, fooled ya twice it on you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit