Law and Order

by jula71 6 Replies latest jw friends

• jula71
    jula71

Did anyone catch last night?s Law and Order? The plot was about a cult that had a history of child molestation and when accusations surfaced, the leader said that kind of thing is not tolerated and those involved were expelled from the church. Hmmmm?who does that sound like? Help me out here?.

• minimus
    minimus

Catholic church??

• TheOneBuck
    TheOneBuck

I know where you are going with this, but this can be applied to just about any of the major religions out there IMHO.

Hahaha Minimus that was my original respone

• jula71
    jula71

Ya, I know, but being involved with JW's for so long, that's just how I took it. I've seen to many things in my life as a JW

• talesin
    talesin

I saw that episode last week (Cdn tv, go figure!), and his words were eerie. He had catch phrases that sounded just like the witnesses.

I know what you mean! (and i've been 'out' for over 25 years)

tal

• Funchback
    Funchback

I caught the episode last night, also.

I think what made me relate the episode to the JWs was that it was a very small religious group. Also, the older man who was 'hiding' the mother was JUST LIKE a JW mouthpiece (ala J.R. Brown).

And, the victims kept referring to the church as a 'cult'.

ALSO, I called my friend (badwillie on this Forum) to tell him how much the mother reminded me of his mother (not the actions of the mother, but, the personality, and the smug facial expressions).

Oh, and how the mother blamed the victims instead of those who were responsible for the horrible acts.

• tata
    tata

They had a few like that, but in one of them the priest tell everything to the cops and was expelled from the church. The other one, was someone with a high rank more than a priest, I do not know how they call it, anyway the cops take him prisioner...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit