Kingdom Hall Decorating

by AuntieJane 4 Replies latest jw friends

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Never been in one, but know they are not all exactly alike. Are ANY pictures hanging in them at all, of Jesus, God, etc?

Are there kids' bible story pictures or anything? Is there any kind of teaching for kids on their own, like Sunday school?

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Ummm ... I remember some pretty pictures of some flowers on the wall! I also remember one Kingdom Hall had a painting that was a representation of Paradise?.

The society's calendar hanging on the bulletin board had pictures of bible scenes on them. I'm sure the kids learned a lot from those!

And Sunday School??? Are you kidding??? You are expected to behave as an adult and suffer through the same two hours of horse shit that everyone else has to endure! And be still. And don't talk. And don't draw beards on the pictures in the magazines!

• CeriseRose
    CeriseRose

The Assembly hall in our area had lovely painted pictures - scenes from the Bible Stories Book (or Great Teacher?). Bah, my memory sucks.

Anyway they renovated the hall and I cannot for the life of me remember if they kept the pictures.

Kingdom Halls have pretty much nothing. Usually just signage for the year's scripture. In my hall there were two, one in Chinese.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    The Assembly hall in our area had lovely painted pictures - scenes from the Bible Stories Book (or Great Teacher?). Bah, my memory sucks.

Anyway they renovated the hall and I cannot for the life of me remember if they kept the pictures.

I know the one you're talking about. Um, I'm not too sure if they kept the murals, but they did put in some stained glass things (not windows, but, its hard to explain, a kind of inside barrier between the entrance and what one might call the nave) representing "paradise."

A regular KH would have nothing. Usually you would see an old curtain behind the podium to add some depth to the small building, but there usually nothing in behind. A lot have flowers. In this one place they renovated, the put all this hardwood in, fake Dorian columns on the stage, literature and another counter that disappeared into the walls, modern paint jobs, and some fancy silver looking stuff on the ceiling. Of course, this was an exception.

• TheOneBuck

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit