Elliptical Trainers <-- Do you have one? Which one do you recommend?

by confusedjw 6 Replies latest social physical

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

I've been enjoying using an Elliptical at the gym at work and now want to have one at home.

Does anyone have one at home? Which make and model? What do you like about it and what do you not like about it? How much does it cost (if you don't mind sharing)?

Thanks!

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

You can find a lot of them new on ebay. I bought the cheapest - Denise Austin for $175 and free shipping - LOTS of assembling to do. Unfortunately, I'm too tall to use it, since the stride is more for someone between 5' and 5'5". If I get another one, I'll definitely go to a bricks and mortar store to try it out first.

• heatherg
    heatherg

I just got an elliptical bike for my b-day and I love it. Just a cheapie from Wal-Mart. Spent $150 and it's called the sportek. It does start to make a bad squeaking sound after awhile, but all you have to do it tighten the bolts on the bottom front legs and it stops. hg

• vitty
    vitty

What the heck is an elliptical trainer ? Cant even say it

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

The mechanics allow you to have a motion like walking. Better than a bicycle as you stand so your weight is there. Better than a treadmill, for me, as it has no impact.

This is the one I got.

• vitty
    vitty

I have just seen one advertized on the shopping channel has anyone heard of the "Orbitrek"

Ive heard really good things about these machines and im definitely going to buy one

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

We bought a used one at a well known used sports equipment store. it was about 200 bucks, and that was used (So I think its a good one).

Its mainly for my mom, but we all use it.

My only complaint is that the fan that turns is loud as crap.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit