Leaving on your own terms!!!!!

by researcher 8 Replies latest jw friends

• researcher
    researcher

How about leaving on your own terms!!!! Here is what I mean by that. You go to the Sunday meeting or Theo School and Service Meeting... and when there is an opportunity to comment.. you raise your hand.. and the diligent brother [servant wanna a be] brings over the microphone and you say.. " I just wanted to make it clear that I "...." no longer want to be identified as one of Jehovah's Witnesses's connected with the Watchtower Tower Society, and then you get up, click your heels, give everyone a farewell salute..... and leave the building singing some Neil Young tune...... :) Has anyone done that? Should we start doing that?

• blondie
    blondie

Little Toe, did at the end of a talk on the platform.

http://www.angelfire.com/trek/littletoe/Profile.html

Listen or read it on the site above.

Blondie

• zman
    zman

WOW Little Toe rocks!!!!!! I like the idea, make people think about the religion and not "what did they do????" or "who did they do????"

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed

I think I may be close to that point myself. Sometimes you just need to cut the strings.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    brings over the microphone and you say.. " I just wanted to make it clear that I "...." no longer want to be identified as one of Jehovah's Witnesses's connected with the Watchtower Tower Society, and then you get up, click your heels, give everyone a farewell salute..... and leave the building singing some Neil Young tune...... :)

Neil Young...which song?

How about you give a farewell salute...and as leaving the buildingstart singing...AC/DC's ...."For Those about to Rock um.......... Walk....We Salute You"....

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

I Love it!

I guess I'm the kinda girl that would do something like that, especially now that I have gained so much knowledge regarding this cult. I believe we should have a df/da club that supports the JW wanting to leave or knows that they will be df'd, that way we can show our support for "our" brother or sister in apostacy. The cong should see they are not lepers and are not alone in their thinking.

"United we stand, divided we fall" - Aesop

Dragonlady76

• Preston
    Preston

I don't think making a verbal announcement is necessarily required to leave on your own terms. A lot of us, like myself, chose to simply stop being a JW anymore.

- Preston

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

This is one of the only reason they WON'T attempt to disfellowship everyone on the outskirts.

I swear if they try,I will be at that meeting,and I will speak my mind!!!!!!!!!!They don't want you to be in control of leaving the religion.They want to control the process,not the individual.

I dare the WTBTS to disfellowship me!

They either want you to feel like your being punished,and you have to "work your way back in",you know,6 months sitting in the back,leaving and arriving during the song,everyone treating you like a leper,all in the name of "keeping gods publishing company,I mean faith clean.Or they want you to leave quietly,totally detachted,so you can't tell people why,or how your feeling.And then they label you from the pklatform,and the gullible ,naive,ignorant,eat it up-------like a vanilla swiss miss pudding washed down by a shasta cola.

stp

• garybuss
    garybuss

It's the people who sit shunned in the back of the hall who give the elders their power over the rest of the group. They are the proof the elders need to show their influence. It's easy to see why it works.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit