Evidently, the 24 Elders are directing the Governing Body

by compound complex 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• compound complex
    compound complex

I am grateful for Holy Spirit's ability to dredge up long-forgotten spiritual gems that lurk in dark caverns of the mind.

It has been revealed -- for your edification and enlightenment -- that the resurrected anointed among the symbolic 24 elders do, indeed, play a vital role in the new but typically confusing developments in the world of JW theology.

In the much revered but oft maligned book, "Revelation: Its Grand Climax At Hand!" we discover the reason behind it all:

[. . .] resurrected ones of the 24-elders group may be involved in the communicating of divine truths today." -- pages, 124, 125, paragraph 17.

This, my friends, is the answer to all your head-pounding inquiries over what's happenin'.

Of course, you may think this is for naught because of the little 3-letter disclaiming word, "may," in the quotation above.

You work it out. I am not master of your faith . . .

• Magnum
    Magnum

I remember that point from the three or so times we studied the book.

So our dear ole buddy Freddie "may" be partly behind the strange developments? Wow! He might be partly responsible for the abandoning of his own teachings and organizational preferences.

Actually, I think that if he is up there, he's shaking his head in shame and disbelief and disgust.

edited to add: So GB 1.0 might be directing GB 2.0? Not!

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

The belief that the 24 elders are the 144,000 is ludicrous. How can you sing before yourself?

Rev 14:1-3: Then I saw, and look! the Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who have his name and the name of his Father written on their foreheads. 2 I heard a sound coming out of heaven like the sound of many waters and like the sound of loud thunder; and the sound that I heard was like singers who accompany themselves by playing on their harps. 3 And they are singing what seems to be a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders, and no one was able to master that song except the 144,000, who have been bought from the earth.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

Leaving quietly

On top of that the 144k wasn't even all born yet in 1914 so the unborn 144k were somehow there and singing to their unborn selves???

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, Magnum, leaving_quietly, and wallsofjericho, for giving me more to ponder than I realized could be pondered.

A very deep subject . . . perhaps we need to study the Revelation book a fourth time.

Gratefully,

CC

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Study a fourth time?

Nah!!! The "revised" version will no doubt be winging its way to us all at this year's conventions!!

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I think the book mentioned says the ones singing are the remaining ones of the 144,000 on the earth who are singing before those who have been resurrected.

In the book Insight on the Scriptures Vol. 1 page 996 under the subheading popular views,

"Obviously, then, although Revelation 14:3 says that the 144,000 have been "brought from the earth" the context depicts them as being, not on earth, but in heaven with the heavenly Lamb, Christ Jesus."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit