Watchtower exposes "apostate" teaching of 2 classes of Christians

by jaffacake 6 Replies latest jw friends

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

*** The

The foundation of the great apostasy was laid in the separation of a class (called clergy) from the church of believers in general... this was not done in a day, but gradually. Those who had been chosen from their own number, by the various congregations, to minister, or serve them in spiritual things, gradually came to consider themselves a superior class.... Next they felt it beneath their dignity to be elected by the congregations they were to serve...Their councils ..came finally to decreeing what should be considered orthodox... this self exalted clergy, becoming more and more vain and boastful, finally concluded that they alone constituted the Church, and that the laity... were not to be classed as joint heirs... to the promises of coming glory and honor and association with Christ...

[Emphasis Added]

But then, in 1935...new light....

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

The Heading should have read Watchtower 1889

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Great quote. How ironic.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Actually, I've never seen a good explanation by the WTS of who the "great crowd" were supposed to be in the first century...

• rekless
    rekless

Dang me, that reminds me of the self anointed class and the pious GB.

• Ticker
    Ticker

I never ever heard a good explanation either, almost as if they avoid dealing with that issue. The more I read "ISOCF", the more clear the whole picture is becoming. Its all about self exaltation and depriving the members of the freedoms and scriptural rights that such ones should and have full right too. 1935 had effectively shut 6 million people out of the new covenent and has alienated them from Christ.

Ticker

• adelmaal
    adelmaal

That's a great quote! Funny how the WTBTS has become what it so voraciously tried to seperate itself from so long ago... Full circle.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit